Product Director, APAC Regional Expansion
We’re looking for a Product Director to lead our product development teams in the Asia/Pacific region, based out of our hub in Singapore. Wise is one of the largest and fastest growing global fintechs, and this role is an opportunity to shape the strategy and teams driving our product development in our fastest growing markets. You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
Product Director: APAC Regional Expansion
We’re looking for a Product Director to lead our product development teams in the Asia/Pacific region, based out of our hub in Singapore.
Wise is one of the largest and fastest growing global fintechs, and this role is an opportunity to shape the strategy and teams driving our product development in our fastest growing markets.
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- In the past few years, the Wise APAC squad has launched Wise in 13 markets, now serving more than 1 million active customers and growing fast. The squad is made up of 4 product teams (scaling soon to 8) based largely in Singapore. Wise also has a physical presence in 10 other Asian countries (including Sydney, Tokyo, Mumbai, Shanghai, etc).
- Your mission is to lead product for the squad.
- In collaboration with your teams, you’ll have full responsibility for making decisions on where and how Wise expands next in APAC, in order to best build a 10x better experience for underserved customers.
- You’ll walk in the shoes of our customers and define what a great localised product looks like, building a seamless, intuitive product for each market.
- You will be responsible for hiring, developing, and supporting the product team of 4-8 product managers. Moreover, you’ll guide the wider organisation on the team we need to build to build great products for our APAC markets.
- Outside of APAC, you’ll be one of the key drivers of our global expansion strategy. You’ll work with our wider expansion tribe (other squads focus on Europe, North America, Latin America, and MEA) to raise the bar for our expansion globally.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Have a real, lasting impact on how global people move money around the world, in some of the most difficult and underserved markets in the world.
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams globally, as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
You may be a good fit if:
- You have built products at scale – You’ve worked on a product that grew to thousands or even millions of customers. You have experience growing an early stage company into something larger, but you’re also able to navigate the product and organisational complexity of a product at scale.
- You have delivered complex products from end to end, collaborating across functions and getting the wider organisation excited about what you’re building. If you’ve done this in APAC, even better.
- You have led and grown teams of 4 or more product managers in the past, or similar. You excel at building strong, diverse teams.
- You are able to get the team to dream big. You are able to build consensus around a multi-year vision for APAC and do whatever it takes to get there.
- You are hands on and a strong individual contributor. You thrive as a player-coach. You are able to operate at many levels of detail, flipping between executing as an individual contributor and leading a wider team. Everyone in Wise still executes projects as well, starting from our CEO.
- You are always learning and do whatever it takes to make your product team successful. Whether it’s interviewing customers, designing UIs, writing code or modelling growth, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn the skills you don’t have today to unblock your team
- You have fresh ideas – You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise, our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for Wise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.