Graduate Data Scientist
We’re creating a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we need smart graduates to join us in our mission. At Wise you’ll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you’ll build systems that give our customers a great experience.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new norm. We’ve got 11 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
We’re creating a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we need smart graduates to join us in our mission.
At Wise you’ll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you’ll build systems that give our customers a great experience.
How you’ll contribute to our team of data scientists:
- Help take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- You will help analysing data that will help us prioritise the most customer significant changes in the product
- Participate in building the most advanced machine learning based solutions to help us scale
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So, instead of being told what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel (when things go back to normal) to work with our teams in different locations. You’ll also meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are a final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any other STEM subject
- You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2022
- Knowledge of computer science and machine learning fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, data analysis, linear algebra and statistics
- Understanding principles of machine learning
- You should have a good command of Python 3 and be familiar with major data analysis and ML frameworks
- A self-started side project(s) that you are proud to talk about
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Eligible to work in Estonia
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in training deep neural networks
- Experience in applying machine learning methods to real-world problems
- Familiarity with TensorFlow 2 and/or PyTorch
- Familiarity with several AutoML frameworks
- Familiarity with Bayesian methods in machine learning
- Experience in web development, from a previous internship
…Don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll onboard remotely and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how data science works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Marketing, to Treasury and Fraud teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
- We’re big on planning. You’ll go through two quarterly plan cycles and get to propose your own ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- 🚀 Stock options in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of team activities
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.