Global Head of People Partners
We’re looking for an experienced Head of People Partners leader to join our People team, to be located in Tallinn, Budapest or London. Spanning over 3,200 employees in 20+ countries we’re a truly global business. We’re looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of leading and growing people partners, bring expertise in employee relations, commercial acumen and HR generalist background to help us continue to grow and improve at a rapid pace. But more importantly, we need someone who can grow, develop and lead a global team of partners, evolve our model and ways of working, so that we can scale the people partnering model to support Wise’s future plans.
This isn’t a job for someone who wants to maintain the status quo. Instead this role would suit someone who wants to solve problems. Help build something new, and work at pace. We’re looking for someone with experience working in medium to large, technology or complex businesses who know what best practice looks like on a global scale.
It’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, support our employees in all things partnering and help save our customers millions .
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 3000+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in 25+ locations around the globe! We’re looking for a leader who lives our values, will help grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
People Partners are one of the newer teams at Wise, and we’re building this capability to help our teams and the service we offer scale more effectively with the growth of the business, by partnering on strategy and planning whilst understanding how things work operationally on the back-end.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- We’re evolving our operating model – you’ll have the opportunity to bring your experience, skills and thought leadership to evolve the models across both teams.
- You’ll continue to optimise for the future and build upon our current ways of working. This means investing time in building for the future through tooling, automation and upskilling the teams.
- You’ll need to call on the technical experts to help you expand the teams’ plans long-term. This will involve high levels of collaboration across teams inclinding: Reward, Recruitment, Analytics, Operations, Technology, Learning & Development, DEI and Risk teams.
- Build, lead and grow a high performing global People Partner team, ensuring the team has the capabilities and capacity needed to execute their duties whilst also providing functional input to our Operations teams.
- Develop the HR business partnering capability, including supporting your team on the development and delivery of functional people plans.
- Set the long-range vision and plan for a scaling People Partners team, helping the team to set OKRs to get them there.
- Partner with centres of excellence teams to optimise and deliver company wide initiatives into our teams and tribes i.e. the review processes
- Ensuring Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies are executed in functional people plans.
- Create close, effective relationships with leaders of functions in Wise and their teams, acting as a trusted people advisor to identify and achieve shared objectives.
- Help leaders and teams monitor their people-specific metrics and OKRs in their areas.
- Partner closely with functional leaders and team members globally to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintaining a full perspective of the company, placing emphasis on employee relations, policies, and people processes
- Identifying potential risks for the business and mitigating against those risks
- Use people metrics and data to create, own and deliver short term project plans that support team goals.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be a People Leader for your teams and trusted partner for the business. You’ll lead by example, sharing thought leadership and driving for solutions while building your team and taking them on the journey
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Worked in a high growth, product or service led (ideally tech) company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and you’ll know how to apply the product mentality and methodology to hone your teams’ skill sets
- Substantial people partnering or operational expertise – you’ve led teams through the creation, development and implementation of substantial people initiatives in a global setting
- Led international teams before (must have had exposure to the Americas) – you’ll be a strategic thought leader and guide for your team, helping them to have a big business impact while building highly effective relationships with their partners
- Broad technical expertise – meaning that no matter the challenge (a restructure, skills gap, training needs etc) you’re able to contribute and add value
- Data driven – you’ll base decisions on metrics and have clear KPIs for all your plans
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.