Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our global Compliance Team based in either our Sydney or Melbourne office. Your primary role will be to help manage regulatory risks in Australia and New Zealand, and to contribute to projects strengthening the compliance team’s approach to managing these.
You’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Maintaining our AFSL, including having primary oversight of procedures and processes to meet all our Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) obligations and the key contact for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Providing Regulatory Compliance guidance in respect to our AFSL and Corporations Act obligations to all functional areas of the Pacific tribe to empower the tribe to implement new products that meet our regulatory requirements.
- Building upon our existing horizon scanning and regulatory change management program, ensuring effective communications of regulatory changes to the business as well as timely implementations in line with our mission.
- Enhance our regulatory compliance control framework for growth in the Pacific, including enhancement of the regulatory risk (non-financial crime) measurement and monitoring tools, preparing management information for reporting to the Regulatory Risk Committee and Board.
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will have a background in payments regulation as well as wealth or investment products (preferred).
In addition, you will have great communication and organisational skills, as well as tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are an expert in regulatory compliance having a background in financial regulation and a thorough knowledge of regulations applying to a money transmitter, payments company, and even investment companies. You may even be currently working, having worked or work directly with ASIC or a similar regulator.
- Practice. You have deep experience providing regulatory compliance or legal advice or oversight of financial services institutions with an AFSL, and are familiar with the regulatory requirements from regulators such as ASIC or APRA.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and have the drive to apply different compliance strategies to develop multiple compliance frameworks.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you. Please add the secret word “instant” into the cover letter uploaded to your application.
- Travel. The role is based in Sydney or Melbourne, but many of our teams are located across different office locations around the world. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, as a guideline roughly one to three times a year, subject to regulations.
Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise (formerly TransferWise).
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Melbourne office
Help fuel the revolution down under in the stunning Melbourne sunshine. BYO surfboard.