Wise plc launched in 2011 under its original name TransferWise. Fast forward to 2022 – we are 3000+ Wisers across 17 countries and 90+ nationalities. We are one of the world’s fastest growing, profitable technology companies and the largest tech company by market capitalisation to ever list in London.
We disrupted an industry and created a new way to move money across borders. Today, 11 million people and businesses use Wise. We process over £6 billion in cross-border transactions every month, saving customers over £1 billion a year. We are continuing to grow at pace and to redefine the international money space.
Our finance team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so do expect a lot of video-calls and some travel. Your work will be instrumental in creating and improving our Corporate Treasury function, making an impact on our customers’ lives by remaining compliant, saving money, reducing risk, and moving us closer to our mission of money without borders.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Corporate Treasury Team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of Wise first partners credit risk policy. set out a range of controls to be the guardrails for the safeguarding team to regulate how they can move money across the globe within the group credit risk appetite.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create and monitor counterparty risk limits.
- Credit analysis, credit rating assignment and risk management for financial institutions and payments processors as well as setting and monitoring credit risk appetite.
- Monitoring and analysis of credit risk sensitivities in the Financial Institutions portfolio
- Understand how macroeconomic and market events impact our portfolio and counterparty credit quality.
- Own Wise Counterparty Credit Risk policy and liaise as necessary with other functional groups including Product Treasury, Banking, operations, market risk, risk reporting, regulatory, controllers and capital.
- Monitor market risk including interest risk and recommend actions to the management to reduce exposures.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant previous credit experience, specifically geared towards analysis and understanding of private counterparties.
- Substantial experience as a risk manager with an excellent understanding of credit risk metrics, as well as credit risk mitigation techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to draft comprehensive finacnial policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal credit rating models and methodologies, as well as credit risk monitoring approaches and systems.
- Ability to establish partnerships across the organisation and build effective work groups with teams like Banking and Product Treasury.
- General knowledge of Credit Risk concepts and bond markets
- proven experience in Credit and Market Risk Management
- Are organised and a self-starter that thrive in a position where you can challenge the status quo and manage implementation of new processes and ways of looking at risk.
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed way to thrive in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written, including ability to summarise key messages for senior management presentations.
- Good working knowledge on SQL and Excel VBA
Some Of Your Benefits
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Travel to other global Wise offices
- Loads of growth and development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.