We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Global Head of Workplace to join our team.
With a global real estate portfolio of 20+ offices which supports 3,000+ employees and growing, we’re truly a global business.
The Workplace team brings our spaces to life as you oversee the daily operations of our offices. Made up of a mix of in-house team members and outsourced contracts covering the full range of hard and soft facilities management – both the delivery of services that includes reception, cleaning, catering, maintenance, health & safety, security, as well as the more experiential side creating physical workspaces that are enjoyable to work in.
As it’s a global role, expect some travel across the US, EMEA and APAC. This opportunity can be based in any of our major offices; London, Tallinn, Budapest.
The Workplace at Wise
We’re looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of facilities, offices and workplace operations to help manage our global footprint.
In this role, you'll also provide leadership for the team and set a direction. Bringing workplace experience, sustainability and wellbeing, to evolve our workplaces in order to support scale and Wise’s future plans.
You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest expectations of getting things done. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces where people enjoy working together.
You're a creative and organised individual with a customer service mindset, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly, safely and efficiently. This role would suit someone who wants to solve complex problems, help build something new, and work at pace.
- You’ll lead and develop a Global Workplace Team, both expanding to new offices and running current locations at Wise. You’ll have responsibility for 20 office locations globally.
- Create and deliver a global plan that supports Wise’s growth and engages the team's needs – both in the short term in the next quarters but also in the space of following years.
- Oversee the global real estate lifecycle.
- Together with the team, you will work to create optimised workplace environments that build community, bring people together, are safe and secure, and ensure a cost effective, productive and engaging setting.
- Participate in regular walkthroughs with contractors, service providers and staff to ensure facilities are well maintained.
- Support the Workplace Projects team in construction and design projects by representing local needs. Planning and executing move-in activities, including communication plans.
- You’ll own the Global Workplace Team financials including budget management and forecasting of operating expenses and capital projects.
- Develop and manage positive relationships across locations with local teams, leads and third-party vendors resolving issues proactively.
- Collect data and metrics for workplace related decisions and planning.
- Set up metrics to evaluate progress in the workplace plan.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – You’ll lead by example, sharing thought leadership and driving for solutions while building your team and taking them on the journey
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Worked in a high growth, product or service led (ideally tech) company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities whether it’s workplace experience, projects or change management
- Global real estate – you have knowledge of end to end real estate process from sourcing to disposal in AMER, EMEA and APAC
- Data analysis – You’re an analytical problem solver, comfortable in using data to visualise your observations and reasoning.
- Property knowledge – You’ll have operational knowledge and experience of building management and operations, sourcing property globally, negotiating leases, understanding legislations and fitting out properties, managing budgets from £1m-£25m, and an ever expanding estate
- Leading teams – you have prior experience leading multiple team leads across different locations. You’re a lead for other leads.
This role will be required to work full-time on site, with some flexibility when needed.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.