A bit about the role
Wise Europe, as a regulated subsidiary of Wise PLC, is looking for a Head of Internal Audit to join our Internal Audit team.
Your main task will be to coordinate the internal audit process for Wise Europe, taking into account global and regional processes, within the company and externally with partnering firms. As a senior lead in the audit function there is also opportunity to lead an audit domain for the Group as a whole, depending on your subject matter expertise.
The role presents a great opportunity to focus on the development and delivery of audit engagements in a fast paced environment, focussed on data driven audit techniques and continuous monitoring. Relevant experience working in assurance, risk or control roles and deploying technology enabled assurance is key to driving the internal audit agenda.
- Support the implementation and operation of the internal audit assurance framework, including development of continuous monitoring and automated audit routines.
- Support key projects to deliver an aligned assurance model across Wise.
- Support development of the annual audit plan, including the audit universe, risk assessment processes and budgeting processes.
- Build and support a strong and self-sufficient internal audit team, locally and globally.
- Oversee delivery of the audit plan to ensure timely and relevant audit outcomes.
- Monitor the implementation of Internal Audit recommendations by the teams, measure the effectiveness of the improvements and report to oversight committees.
- Develop strong relationships internally and externally, including with the Board and the European regulator.
- Promote and help embed a strong control culture, driving meaningful and relevant assurance programmes at Wise.
A bit about you
- You have experience working in risk, control or assurance.
- You have worked in technology, fintech or broader financial services industries.
- You are able to work independently, you assume responsibility and you make your own judgement.
- You are prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with no or very limited guidance.
- You have very strong coordination skills and you are able to hold teams accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering high quality outputs.
- You demonstrate attention to details but can summarise key messages succinctly, verbally and in writing.
- You are passionate about driving change, making improvements and helping stakeholders.
- You are not afraid of making decisions, can work autonomously and take initiative.
- You’re a strong relationship builder across all levels of the business and externally.
- You have managed the delivery of the audit plan, responsible for planning, staffing, delivery and reporting of multiple audit engagements.
- You have working knowledge of the relevant regulatory frameworks and requirements for the licensed entity.
- You have interacted directly with the Board and Regulators, providing clear messages of matters relevant to them.
- Relevant and applicable years of combined experience in assurance, risk or controls roles.
- You have managed collaboration projects involving internal and external teams.
- You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- Professional qualification: CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA/CISA
- You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
- Subject matter expertise in Financial Crime, Safeguarding or Technology domains (not required)
Some Of Your Benefits
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Travel to other global Wise offices
- Loads of growth and development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.