We’re looking for a driven PR Manager to join our European team in London, reporting into the PR Lead for Europe.We’re looking for a confident, creative PR individual with a demonstrated background leading bold PR awareness campaigns for consumer, tech or payment brand companies. You’ll help us grow by embedding yourself in the Wise Europe team to truly understand our products and our customers, and thereby maximize the news pipeline in France and support the press office in other European markets. .
- Mid-senior level experience of solid, varied experience of working in consumer and corporate communications. This could be in-house at a startup or tech company, or in a PR agency
- Experience working with financial services and / or technology companies, and the ability to get excited about, and simplify, complex technical issues
- Innate understanding of what makes a good story for media and how to secure great quality media coverage – along with existing media relationships in the UK
- An ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced, high-growth company. You have a hands-on approach and can get results whether you’re in a regional team or a functional PR team. We get it done
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with proven experience of strategic coordination of people, information, diary management and relationships
- A genuine, enthusiastic interest in our mission and developing and communicating great ideas to make financial services fairer
- The ability to scrutinise complex and technical data. You’ll be able to understand and analyse complex concepts and turn them into simple and compelling messages
- Strong working relationships with editors and journalists at top business and finance publications (Le Monde, Le Figaro, Les Echos etc….) and in the consumer media in France
- Experience in markets such as Switzerland, Germany or Hungary is a plus
- You’ll be proactive, creative and comfortable working with a team
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
What the job involves
- Help us grow by embedding yourself in Wise’s local team to maximise the product news pipeline, as well as delivering global corporate announcements to the French market
- Handle complicated issues when they crop up, and work with journalists to make sure Wise’s reputation is upheld.
- Niche industry terms such as ‘open banking’, ‘EU regulatory passporting’ and ‘PSD2’ won’t be daunting, and may even be part of your lexicon already
- Own Product Communications in France: Embedding yourself within the European product tribe to own the news flow as our product grows.
- You’ll run the comms for product developments, as well as Wise’s commentary on wider payments industry news and developments. You’ll be comfortable working with specialist spokespeople such as our Head of Europe, Head of Government Relations and other members of our Leadership Team and you’ll understand how to take a creative approach to make the seemingly mundane a hot news topic.
- Support Corporate Communications: Helping develop communications strategies to build awareness of Wise with influential business and tech media, as well as handling issues as and when they arise You’ll be able to execute PR plans that drive reputation and growth – whether it’s delivering substantial media coverage, turning speaking opportunities into reality, or thinking of new ways we can make the media and public aware of what we do
- Run Our Press Office together with external support: You will help our consumer and B2B team run our Press Office – proactively dealing with inbound media interest and following up with relevant spokespeople to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.
Salary: Between £40,000 – 55,000 per year plus £12,800 worth of RSUs
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options of £12,800 in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.