We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Regional Expansion – Pacific team working from either our Sydney or Singapore office.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product person, and help save billions for our customers in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
- Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to send money across borders and currencies . Our customers can also spend, receive and hold money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. At this point, each month we help hundreds of thousands of customers send money to and from Australia and New Zealand.
- In this role, you will be responsible for identifying the key problems for us to solve to improve the customer experience and increase our reach in Australia and New Zealand. You’ll walk in the shoes of our customers and define what their pain points, desires and unmet needs are, to build a 10x better experience.
- In addition to figuring out which problems to solve, you’ll work directly with our product engineers to determine the best solution and then build the product our customers use every day.
- You will work across a broad team spanning four locations – including Engineering, Analysts, Product Marketing, Customer Support, Compliance, and more – to ensure we are growing in a way that is scalable, compliant, and delightful for our customers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal in the Pacific region and beyond.
- Build world-class products with a world class product and engineering team: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions. It’s also an opportunity to work with some of the smartest product thinkers in the world.
- Make a real impact on people's lives – by building world-class products you will be able to make a change on real people and how they relate to international transfers – how they pay, hold and receive funds internationally – helping people across the region to lead their international lives.
- Make autonomous decisions – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls.
- Grow as a Product Manager – You will build and inspire your own team, but you’ll also get to work alongside some of the strongest PMs in the industry and grow into a stronger product person
A couple of skills that might describe you as a PM:
- You’ve built products at scale – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers. You’re able to navigate the product and organisational complexity of a product at scale.
- You can determine where to have the most impact – You have experience identifying which problems to solve to deliver the most impact. You are able to identify opportunities and quantify the relative impact.
- You can work across a broad team to deliver high-quality products – You have experience working with stakeholders from Product Marketing to Operational teams to build a vision of where to invest and then how to deliver the solutions that customers want and work for the business.
- You’re data-driven – You are able to self-serve with data, and use it to both identify opportunities and measure your impact. You can get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- You have fresh ideas – You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- You have a significant connection with the region – You are deeply familiar with the Australian and New Zealand market landscape and customer base.
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Prior experience in banking services, payments, finance, or a related field
- Curiosity about finance and interest in staying up to date with the landscape
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.