IT Support Lead
Here at Wise we’re working to create a seamless IT experience by offering all the tools and permissions people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed hump.
The teams that support all this is called User Technology (UT). UT consists of autonomous teams that build and maintain everything needed to support our company mission. These teams include Device Management, Conferences and Events, Network Infrastructure, Service Management and User Access Management organized into various engineering and support functions. Our UT Team in APAC supports our 350 Wisers across 9 offices in the region
We’re looking for an exceptional Lead for the UT Support Team. As the name suggests the team looks after everything IT Support would entail, from issuing technical equipment (laptops and peripherals), to 1:1 troubleshooting and repairs. It will be your responsibility to lead and drive the team forward. You’ll also:
- Lead a small team of 4-5 UT Support Technicians by providing individual support and development, as well as ensuring that the team maintains a high level of service for our Wisers
- Coach and assist your team members on the day-to-day operations
- Build and maintain working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Provide technical support for Wisers’ seeking assistance
- Assist to recruit, train, and support IT Support Technicians and set hiring forecasts
- Be an encyclopedia on Wise’s IT products and services
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Help acquaint new users with tools & tech in Wise
- Ensure standards are maintained and in line with the rest of UT
- Seek to improve processes by handling escalations, responding to queries, and providing hands on support as time allows
- Monitor Wise user feedback, wherever it is provided, but primarily through ticket feedback forms to identify areas for improvement
- Identify and escalate important issues to the various sub teams within UT and seek opportunities to collaborate on solutions
A bit about you:
- Organization is key. Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively track progress is a must
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems by nature
- Able to lead and maintain projects
- Able to look at numbers and plan for forecast and budget needs
- Passionate about computing and user experience
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of the team as the situation requires
- Researching solutions and the latest technology is second nature to you
- You are able to foster an environment of trust and collaboration
Must have skills:
- You’re an experienced leader, having perviously lead high performing IT teams
- Experience in Windows and/or Mac environments
- The ability to provide / receive feedback, coach, set practical standards, and hold your teams accountable
- Good communicator, able to foster strong cross-team relationships both within and outside of your domain
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.