Wise is looking for a Global Fincrime Risk Lead to join its growing Compliance Oversight team. This role will be working alongside a small but highly effective team in second line compliance. In this role you will develop and grow our compliance intelligence team and provide Management information reports and insights.
You will identify key financial crime vulnerability areas using data and provide assurance of oversight into financial crime risk mitigation. This role is important in demonstrating that Wise second line has adequate oversight into the effectiveness of our financial crime program through data analytics intelligence.
- Set the Compliance Intelligence strategy, outlining key targets and objectives. Continuously monitoring and adjusting set objectives
- Responsible for the preparation of group quarterly compliance metric reports to the board of directors of Wise PLC
- With direction from the board, set second line financial crime risk appetite thresholds and continuously monitor first lines teams adherence to the set appetite
- Collaboratively work with the second line compliance analytics specialists to ensure accurate representation of financial crime management across Wise via continuous monitoring of data
- Working with other business units such as group risk and the testing and monitoring team, make strategic decisions through provision of financial crime intelligence data
- Identify via data and report any key vulnerabilities within the financial crime risk frameworks
- Provide oversight approval to the financial crime data in the FCA financial crime reports including the fraud report, annual financial crime report
- Develop and maintain a team of financial crime specialists responsible for the delivery of financial crime risk insights
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders the second line financial crime intelligence management strategy with clear KPI’s on how we are contributing to Wise mission
- Provide advice, guidance and updates on the second line financial crime related policies, particularly relating to compliance risk management
- Maintain adequate fincrime risk policy and appetite statements and represent these externally to regulators/auditors and external stakeholders
- Experience. You are an expert in AML/CTF compliance risk management and have a minimum of three years experience in compliance risk management in either first or second line of defence preferably in a fast paced international environment.
- You have experience in identifying Key Risk Indicators, compiling management reports and current risk positions as well as risk trends.
- You have experience in coordinating and reviewing end-to-end financial crime risk assessments.
- You have an understanding of risk models and are capable of explaining/defending them to broader audiences.
- You have familiarity with using a GRC tooling for MI and oversight.
- You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with financial crime risk management.
- You have strong data and analytical skills
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance risk strategies to enhance compliance risk frameworks.
- Communication. You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
- Team player. You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe.
- Travel. You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required.
- Bonus Requirement: Compliance experience in investments and related products.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We pride ourselves on our transparency so we will let you know promptly where you stand with your application. While we assess candidates against agreed selection criteria, due to company policy we cannot provide specific feedback to our candidates about their interviews / test results. If you reach our final stage interviews but are not successful this time round, we could provide you with verbal feedback upon request.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.