The Platform Product Integrations team builds and operates the infrastructure needed to support connecting Wise to payment schemes and partners around the world. These integrations are essential to Wise achieving its mission and make transfers across borders faster, cheaper and more reliable.
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to join our team in Singapore
The team employs a DevOps culture encompassing the full product life cycle from demand engagement through solution proposal, build and ongoing support. This role will work closely with our product teams and other stakeholders in the business.
We operate on a strong belief in full automation, programmatic implementation, and repeatable design patterns. We’re looking for people who can step outside the system and come up with robust architectures, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the global platform tribe.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Team
- Design, implement and maintain integrations between Wise and complex financial systems
- Using your networking skills to create scalable and repeatable designs
- Communicate with various stakeholders throughout Wise, plan roadmaps with your team, and work through challenges to determine scope and realistic delivery
- Working and collaborating with our larger platform engineering team and alongside product engineering on global projects
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a modern, cloud heavy environment where remote connectivity is a staple of our tech ecosystem
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people and teams are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as an engineer – understand what problems the business needs to solve and why, then proactively resolve them. We shy away from micro management
- Approach new challenges with the freedom to develop novel and customised solutions
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience performing and supporting complex deployments (e.g: configuring firewalls, ipsec, gre, security policies, network-ACLs, complex routing with BGP, maintaining and troubleshooting complex networks
- Sound networking fundamentals – excellent candidates would have JNCIS/CCNP-level knowledge and familiarity with networking on Linux for non trivial tasks (e.g: running routing protocols on Linux, IPSec tunnels. We welcome candidates who aspire to this level of knowledge if they don’t yet have it.
- Applying software development principles to infrastructure design and deployment
- Ability to translate business requirements into explainable technical solutions for internal and external stakeholders
The following is a list of some of the technologies and vendors we use. It is not an exclusive list nor do we expect you to know everything. But it gives a flavour.
- VPNs (we use IPSec heavily)
- Vendors: Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoints (both Physical & Cloud version)
- L2 Switching:
- Routing:, BGP
- AWS Networking: VPC, VGW, Transit-GW, Direct-Connect, VPC Peering
- ISP Peering, DataCenter integrations, cross-connects
- Java Microservices on Kubernetes (Software development experience is nice to have but not essential)
- Git, with Github
- You’re a self starter who can run with projects
- Reliability and scalability are paramount in your solutions
- Security and privacy by design mindset
- You think about risks and compliance
- You enjoy looking for where you can have impact and upset the norm
- You’re happy working in a flat organisation structure
- Technical influencer capable of promoting architectural patterns to internal and external stakeholders
- You are comfortable facing new challenges and creating novel and customised solutions
- You are collaborative, charismatic and have the ability to tailor communication to the audience – both to technical and non-technical people as needed. Effective communication between cross-team stakeholders, peers and leads is key
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.