Senior Product Manager – Business Send
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Business Send team and lead the evolution of the “sending money” experience for businesses and sole traders.
At Wise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders. Our mission is moving money around the world instantly, transparently, conveniently and eventually free.
We are building a new set of financial rails for the world to run on. Even though we have started off well, we know we have only scratched the surface. The fragmented global financial network makes sending money internationally a task full of pain points. This is where you come in. You’ll help us remove friction and effort, to make sending money seamless, safe and transparent. You’ll transform a hassle into a delight, and give business owners and entrepreneurs time back, so they can focus on growing their business.
About the team
The Business Send team is working across our offices in London, Tallinn and Singapore. They own the end to end experience of sending money for businesses, pushing the boundaries especially on convenience and transparency. The team always looks at ways to innovate and remove effort and matching Wise to the needs and business processes of business customers.Success is measured by the satisfaction of customers, the total volume sent and the effort needed to send money.
You’ll own the challenge of:
- Setting new standards of sending money for businesses, delighting customers with the experience.
- Minimising time, effort and cognitive workload of our customers, saving thousands of hours each month for our customers, so they can focus on growing their business.
- Integrating Wise into other business tools to make sending money internationally seamless.
- Defining how transparency looks like when sending money, never misleading a customer.
- Working with regional teams to deliver a global product which accommodates the specifics of local financial systems and local regulations.
- Liaising with compliance teams to make sure our customers are safe – while pushing for new standards in regulation.
- Working with designers, developers & analysts you’ll enable the team to ship the best product.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You are a seasoned PM with at least 4-5 years of experience.
- You are customer obsessed.
- You have a strong sense of UX and a strict attention to UI details, and have a track records of delivering excellent UX. Design skills are a clear desired bonus.
- You have experience in qualitative design testing, to assess solutions against functional and emotional needs.
- You eat analytics for breakfast – can easily use tools like Mixpanel. SQL skills are highly preferred.
- You have experience running complex A/B tests to improve the conversion funnel.
- You are able to craft a vision and clarify an ambiguous problem space into clear, tangible building blocks of a roadmap.
- You have a very strong technical understanding so that you can help the team build the right architecture.
- You’re hands on, and you’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done.
- You’ll report to the Send Product Director.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
Getting Started: Reviewing your Application
At this stage, our product recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters (which are optional to submit) to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because we at Wise are on a mission and this role is all about getting us closer to that mission – so please take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 40 minute call with our hiring lead or one our Product Managers or Recruiters from the team via Zoom.
- The team will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation / drivers to join the Mission
- Your experience of owning/ shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn
- Testing your customer empathy
- Testing your quantitative, data-driven approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will give you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems. Topics:
- Your product domain experience: ownership of a complex, and impactful product / product feature
- Prioritisation and trade-offs: problems you solve for customers, how do you balance demands
- Your solution design & execution skills
- Digging deeper into your quantitative / data skills: measuring impact, setting OKRs / KPIs
Tech / Team-fit Interview
Your 3rd interview will be with an engineering lead / senior engineer and an analyst/designer from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers and designers in a cross-functional team + your related skills. Topics:
- Building partnerships with your engineering / design / operations teams.
- Problem-solving and navigating tech decisions and conflicts with engineers
- Your level of technical depth
- Your cross-functional team-fit: your ability to inspire others around you
We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a couple of our senior product leads. The Zoom interview will be 45 minutes long and will be competency-based.
- Providing you the opportunity to meet our product leads and pick their minds and ask your questions
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your motivation, past product experience and vision to work at Wise, solving problems of our 10+ million customers
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews, addressing/investigating potential gaps further
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.