AML Reporting Team Lead
Team Lead for AML Reporting Team We are looking for an AML Reporting Team Lead to join our growing financial crime fighting team based in Tallinn. You will be expected to lead the suspicious activity reporting specialists based in Tallinn and Budapest, and to contribute to projects strengthening the operational processes. As an AML Reporting Team Lead you will be people's lead with a mindset that enables you to ensure strong and compliant processes. Making data-based decisions to improve and scale the team’s performance and quality, taking into account the risks surrounding the industry, products and regulations. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise.
You’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Leading people – hire, develop and run day to day operations, including amongst other task planning workforce, performance management, upskilling specialists, organising team activities etc
- Compliant reporting – running a seamless team to meet the regulatory expectations of timely reporting and providing valuable feedback related to financial crime to the reporting specialists
- Developing operational processes – improving and overlooking operational processes to meet the regulatory requirements, mitigating risks and providing great customer experience keeping in mind the efficiency
What you’ll get to do:
- Collaborate with other AML Reporting leads to maintain efficient financial crime operations on a day to day basis
- Work closely with Quality team to improve both reporting specialists individual contribution and teamwide processes
- Work with other teams in Wise to ensure that procedures are compliant, taking into account the operational impact (efficiency and customer experience)
- Confidently represent the policies and processes stakeholders to chip in internal and external projects
- Identify compliance risk in operational procedures and contribute to implementing changes as needed
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done
A bit about you:
As our quintessential candidate you will ideally have at least a minimum of 3 years of experience in either AML, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity and proven track record of leading people.
In addition, you will have great communication and organizational skills and motivation to find solutions in challenging situations. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are well-versed in financial crime topics and know what are essential aspects of tackling financial crime. Ideally you are currently working, or have worked in the area of financial crime.
- Practice. You have demonstrable experience leading a team ideally in a multinational environment. You have a vision of how to build and maintain good working relationships with relevant stakeholders to run an operational team.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current processes and finding solutions in challenging situations. You are not startled by selling and defending your ideas to stakeholders.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritizing, taking ownership and working with tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to details and good analytical skills to move the team’s metrics.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale/up and are looking to contribute to Wise’s mission. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Location. Estonia. You’ll be ready to relocate to Estonia to meet your objectives.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Wellbeing support – You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- National health insurance plan, with additional 5 health days per year, 2 “me” days for personal growth, and monthly sports allowance
- Volunteering day off
- Hybrid model of flexible working
NB! This position is based in Tallinn with possibility of a hybrid work arrangement; visa and relocation support available where possible according to Estonian Government Authorities
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
We would love to know more about you: Please indicate in your cover letter how you fulfil the requirements for this position. Kindly note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered, thank you!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.