Global Senior Lead of Knowledge Management
We are looking for a capable Global Senior Lead of Knowledge Management to help us lead Knowledge management Framework processes in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop with a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
Your mission is to implement and lead our global knowledge management strategy and framework. As the Global Senior Lead of Knowledge Management, you’ll report directly to the Global Service Delivery Lead and drive the strategy for our global knowledge management team, while cooperating with our internal Customer Support & outsourcing teams, as well as the various CS support functions like training, workforce management, QA, CI and more.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
The Global Senior Lead of Knowledge Management will lead the Knowledge Management (KM) function across the global operational teams of Wise (Customer Support Team, Compliance Team, Payment Ops Team), to ensure a viable and value-adding service to the business.
The Global Senior Lead as a key member of the Service Delivery Function will define and drive the strategy, will design and lead implementation of the KM Governance Framework, processes around content creation and work with the Support Tribe product teams to achieve the vision.
- Define the KM strategy to ensure alignment with the strategic objectives and company culture & build a light-weight, efficient team of KM managers and specialists
- Lead the implementation and roadmap of the Knowledge Program with focus on achieving the strategic goals of the Support Tribe
- Be responsible for cross-functional collaboration with the Global Service Delivery Function and other Wise functions as deemed necessary to deliver Service Delivery Function strategy
- Take responsibility for the awareness and adoption of knowledge process and system, and design new knowledge distribution policies, and ensure that KM is firmly embedded in business processes
- Engage with stakeholders and business units related to knowledge management programs, included but not limited to: content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, data warehousing, decision support, information dissemination
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems
- Lead the development and implementation of content strategies for Wise’s external and internal systems including discovery, planning, analysis, migration, delivery and governance
- Establish and control the KM budget
- Monitor and evaluate the knowledge management program, including external and internal benchmarking and establishment of Key Performance Indicators to quantify the effectiveness of the knowledge program related to adoption, usage and maintenance of the knowledge management platform
- Set standards for knowledge content management considering audience’s needs based purpose of use of knowledge
- You’re a true people lead with at least 3+ years in a Customer Support contact center and 3+ years in a leadership role. You have the energy, enthusiasm and drive to create a positive working relationship with the business and the team
- You have experience in setting up and scaling Knowledge Management governance, systems and processes. Strong skills to deliver projects and experience in collaborating with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- You have solid knowledge of process flowcharting methodology (BPMN). You have been producing knowledge base articles, procedure descriptions, user guides.
- Highly developed negotiating, influencing and communication skills
- You’re passionate. About customer experience, technology, leading people, building teams, and making a difference for people in your work. These aren’t just lines on a job description, you genuinely enjoy what you do
- You’re data-driven. You’ll set targets, drive analysis, define KPIs and work with all support teams & functions such as Workforce Management, Training, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance.
- You’ve got one eye on the future. You’ll draft (or participate in drafting) and monitor the performance of the knowledge management framework, and you’ll be a leading contributor in CS strategy planning, as well as developing an operational plan that will align with and allow our support functions to thrive as we scale towards our long-term goals.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You’ve got impeccable verbal and written English skills and you’ve worked internationally, cross-team, or cross-geo before, so you’ll quickly pick up on how best to communicate effectively across different cultures, time zones, and whatever else – You also welcome an open feedback culture, happy both giving and receiving feedback to or from anyone in the organization
- You’re flexible. Under more normal circumstances, you may travel internationally 2 or 3 times a year (usually for a week or two), as well as potential ad hoc trips for 1-off projects, and you’re comfortable with a varied work schedule since you’ll occasionally be starting early or staying online late for meetings with our US or APAC teams – and you’ll definitely need to embrace a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment and be excited to solve new problems
- You’re reliable. You’ll be a model Knowledge Management emissary as you effectively manage, delegate, oversee, or contribute to cross-team projects, no sweat – You’ve also got the ability to multitask and handle a varied workload, and you always take responsibility in challenging situations – In short, you get it done.
- You’re customer-focused. This should go without saying, but this is your guiding light. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that, so you always have the customer’s best interest in mind and you cultivate this mindset into your teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in Estonia / the EU
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.