We’re looking for an Expansion Lead to help us grow our issuing and acquiring business globally. This is a unique and exciting pioneering opportunity to help among others launch and grow Wise’s card and spend programs in several new markets, allowing millions more potential customers to save money by using our services.
This is not your typical business development / relationship manager role. You will have full responsibility for overseeing our global partnerships with card schemes, acquirers, card manufacturers and any other companies in the cards ecosystem. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to launch cards and other spending methods in a new market, get better deals from partners or support product development efforts by identifying the right partner and bringing them on board. Through your work, you will have the ability to directly influence our issuing and acquiring product capabilities globally.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the product team to prioritise new market launches, product changes and new features, as needed for any individual market.
- Identify the most appropriate way to launch cards and other spending methods in a new market. In some cases you will work directly with the product team to do so; other times you will also work with the respective regional coverage teams to make sure we have all the elements (regulatory, banking partners ) for this.
- Manage our global relationships with card schemes: Work closely with the Digital teams at various card schemes to ensure that Wise is getting the most of the partnership. Ensure that any commercial targets are achieved; work with scheme partners to ideate on new products that can then be brought to the product team for discussion and implementation
- Manage other ecosystem partnerships: Wise has a number of relationships with acquirers, card manufacturers and other companies that complement the work we do. Ensure that we have superior commercial arrangements with these partners; monitor the relationships and jump in to support product teams as needed
- Manage the relationship with regulators / government departments either directly or through the local compliance teams as needed.
- Work closely with product teams to chart out Go to Market for Wise’s Spend platform across countries, which would include integration with local networks for spending balances, monetization of Wise’s Spend platform etc.
A bit about you:
- Experience in FinTech, payments or regulation
- The ideal candidate would have around 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in issuing or acquiring roles. We will consider strong applicants with lower experience.
- Able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed.
- Experience of managing global relationships with financial services organizations such as card schemes, banks, acquirers, payments companies etc.
- An analytical thinker. You have the ability to figure out the ideal operational and commercial process with every new country / partner
- Able to understand regulations across various jurisdictions, and make pragmatic, risk-based decisions on how these need to be implemented
- Happy to work independently
- Passionate about transforming the financial industry for good
- You are willing to travel to our global offices as needed
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and get the responsibility for making things happen
- Gain international exposure – you will work with our teams in offices around the world and sometimes meet with regulators as well
- Be a part of starting something new by helping launch new Wise products
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — and without prejudice too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.