Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. We’re just at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
In this role as a Risk Specialist in Wise’s second line Risk Management Team, you will be a key contributor in, and risk partner for the delivery of the risk management framework in Australia and New Zealand. This role is an exciting opportunity for you if you have some risk management experience and are looking to do impactful work. The role will report to and be supported by the the Country Risk Officer, Australia.
Here’s what will you be doing:
- Implementation of risk management framework (RMF), risk management strategy (RMS), and the roll out of the policies
- Contribute in preparation of risk/board committee reporting for Australia.
- Support in roll out of risk management toolset.
- Partner with teams to identify the country risks, support in development and remediation of mitigation plans
- Conduct detailed risk reviews and provide analyses and recommendations to ensure risk across all functions are appropriately managed
- Perform second line risk controls monitoring and testing.
- Support the training, awareness of risk management practices and educate the businesses and operations team.
This role would be great for someone who has:
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Ability and experience in analysing emerging risk exposures and patterns, and provide a comprehensive assessment of risk
- Ability to create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time to complete work
- Excellent research, analysis and reporting skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to effectively analyse and present data
It would be ideal but not essential if you had:
- Graduate, One to three years’ experience as a risk analyst, ideally within the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies, including experience with Risk Management Frameworks which are aligned to ISO 31000:2018 risk management standards
- Business related bachelor's degree and/or risk management certification (i.e. RMIA Certified Risk Management Practitioner) advantageous
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Melbourne office
Help fuel the revolution down under in the stunning Melbourne sunshine. BYO surfboard.