We are looking for a Product Control Analyst to join our Spend product team.
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Having strong controls and reconciliation systems is fundamental to the success of our mission as it ensures that we have complete clarity over money movements, and that our customers’ money is being perfectly accounted for.
Together with the product and finance teams, you will be working on developing and maintaining sophisticated data quality controls, building data reconciliation tools, identifying and solving inconsistencies in financial data.You’ll also be bringing in a strong risk and control mindset to help our product teams scale their impact in a sustainable and compliant way.
- Ensure that the money movements between Wise and our partners (including card schemes, processors, manufacturers) are properly reconciled
- Build automated and scalable controls over all our product financials
- Be a champion of risk and control mindset in our product teams
- Partner closely with our finance and operations teams to track and monitor our unit economics
- Be hands on with data analytics – able to deep dive into data and investigate discrepancies at transactional level
A Bit About You
- Self-sufficient with data analytics – you are good with data, complex datasets, SQL and databases.
- Experience with designing and implementing data controls and control processes, working with auditors or regulators.
- Curious and analytical – you are able to mine the knowledge from other teams, investigate data, databases and data transformations and understand how it fits with your goals.
- You see the big picture – able to think several steps ahead to ensure that decisions and actions taken by others contribute into the bigger picture of data quality assurance.
- Team player – able to work across teams and functions.
- Ability to work independently and plan on your own as well as together with the team.
- Ability to summarise complex concepts and communicate clear to various audiences/ stakeholders
- Open, communicative, and fun to work with.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Work on large, mission-critical systems – be part of the team developing strong product controls in a fast growing fintech company.
- Own your own path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Learn and grow – discover up to date control standards and procedures, work with various external and internal audit parties, building scalable processes in agile environment and much more.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.