As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate and smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us to be sustainable.
We’re looking for a Business Insights Analyst to join our Product Insights Team with the Finance Tribe. This role builds and uses analytical data to give insights in their domain area. You are responsible for business drivers and trends real-time on the Financial General Ledger and are the partner for internal and external financial reporting stakeholders, serving the needs of teams within Finance including Business Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Tax and FP&A.
What you’ll be doing:
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. It is barely possible to achieve a mission without making data driven decisions across the board at Wise. Decisions should rely on financially compliant, reliable and timely data so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us being sustainable. As a Business Insights Analyst your role will be to own the explain and expose task in Your domain area based on Finance General Ledger Data. With the goal to support stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly with key insights to make wise decisions for the domain area.
At Wise people and teams get a ton of freedom and autonomy. By taking it together with other team members you’ll need to:
- Own the insights (explain & expose) data part of a specific domain – you are responsible for monitoring and explaining trends and changes in data.
- Build and support building of technical and logical models and introduce missing dimensionality to support data monitoring and trend analysis.
- Through participating in squad domain discussions and challenges on a daily basis, you’ll be building a solid understanding of each the domain are, it’s progresses and challenges, as well as communicating the message to various stakeholders
- Build and automate Dashboards, KPI’s and reporting decks for efficiency and transparency
- Initiate and drive improvement projects in squad domain area
- Present Your and Your squads work and findings on stakeholder meetings
Due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely but have access to the office on a reduced capacity. The Finance team is spread across several locations in Europe while stakeholders work across the globe – from Brazil to Australia. To be successful in the role it is essential to be ready to work across time zones and cultures.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to shape the financial data of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your own path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build an efficient analytical data pipeline reporting and gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
The experience you’ll need:
- You’ll have proven success as a business data analyst, BI analyst in business facing teams
- You have strong SQL skills, building experience in Python
- You can present experience with BI and visualisation tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You can communicate findings, ideas, insights in a clear and structured manner both verbally and in writing
Bonus points for:
- Solid experience in business domains (preferably Finance)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.