As a financial institution moving billions of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make smart business decisions..
We are looking for a Product Analyst to join the Product Onboarding team in Finance. Together with the Accounting team and Regional Controllers you will own the process of understanding products and work with finance engineers to implement the product into a finance engine. This is a core function of the Finance team that ensures recording of accurate, timely and reliable financials for Wise.
This role gives a great opportunity to combine business analyst skills with technical data processing skills . You will get familiar with all key products of Wise, understand the business and also improve your data analysis expertise.
- Working with various stakeholders – Product Managers, finance sub-teams (BI, reporting, tax etc.. ) to understand the various products supported in Wise and future expansions, assist in documentation, communication and launch of new products
- Hands on data maintenance/management – data analysis, data cleanup, automations
- Communicate technical subjects clearly to a range of non-technical stakeholders
- Work on continuous improvement of finance engine in collaboration with engineers to improve scalability and timeliness of finance engine
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build an efficient engineering solutions, data analysis, financial/regulatory knowledge providing unique opportunities for professional growth analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider Wise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
A bit about you:
- Strong SQL experience building complex analytical queries, reports and data models. Being familiar with Python as well as visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau etc.) would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
- Worked with large (financial) systems, supporting their growth and working with the provided data.
- Have a strong analytical thought process – who can build automated solutions to control and reconcile finance data.
- Detail oriented, great at working autonomously and meeting deadlines.
- Have an ability to go beyond the numbers and understand the business meaning .
- Willing to deal with internal or external stakeholders (auditor or regulators), communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
Bonus points for:
- Worked with PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Airflow
- Have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Experience in start-ups and/or agile, dynamic work environments
- Experience in financial reporting and comfortable with accounting principles.
- You can understand finance terminology or have strong commitment to learn finance business domain, in particular, knowledge of basic accounting
- You have prior business analyst experience – requirement gathering, documentation, building test cases & post golive support
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.