Global Head of People Operations
This role is a unique opportunity to lead our globally dispersed team of People Advisors & Specialists, supporting teams across Europe, the Americas and APAC.
This isn’t a job for someone who wants to maintain the status quo. Instead this role would suit someone who wants to solve problems. Help build something new, and work at pace. We’re looking for someone with experience working in medium to large, complex businesses who know what best practice looks like on a global scale.
It’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, support our employees through their Wise journey and help save our customers millions .
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 3000+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in 25+ locations around the globe! We’re looking for a leader who lives our values, will help grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
This role will be located in Tallinn, Budapest or London.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
The People Operations and Advisors team support our employees on everything from operationally setting up new joiners and market expansions, role changes and contracts, right through to advising on first line employee relations matters, and everything else in between! Essentially their mission is to help Wisers (our employees), Leads and teams deliver a seamless employee experience throughout their journey at Wise.
- We’re evolving our operating model – you’ll have the opportunity to bring your experience, skills and thought leadership to evolve the operating model across this team.
- You’ll continue to optimise for the future and build upon our current ways of working. This means investing time in building for the future through tooling, automation and upskilling the teams.
- You’ll need to call on the technical experts to help you expand the teams’ plans long-term. This will involve high levels of collaboration across Reward, Recruitment, Analytics, Technology, Learning & Development, Payroll and Risk teams.
- Lead, grow and develop a growing People Operations team of Advisors and Specialists responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Help shape a global People Operations strategy that aligns and moves the business towards continued growth, innovation and improvement helping the team to set OKRs to get them there.
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business; answering employee and lead questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items with the employee experience top of mind.
- Provide HR support and leadership with respect to day-to-day HR life cycle activities of client groups, including onboarding, offboarding, relocations, and other team member events.
- Use people metrics and data to create, own and deliver shorter term project plans and support wider team goals..
- Create and manage streamlined processes and ensure alignment with key stakeholders inside and outside the People Team (Recruitment, Learning and Development, DEI, Payroll, Stock Administration, Finance)
- Drive a progressive, proactive, positive culture, and increase levels of engagement, enablement, and retention.
- Owner of HR data accuracy, audits and data privacy applying global rules where appropriate.
- Provide leadership and oversight of People Compliance function, ensuring compliant processes and alignment with local and international employee laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of business expansion solutions, ensuring scalability, forward focused, with employee experience at the forefront.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of local, global and federal employment laws; maintain and store records judiciously and securely.
- Continuously assess and identify operational and advisor delivery improvements with a focus on flexibility and operational efficiency; ensuring all processes and policies are customer focused, cost effective and efficient.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be a People Leader for your teams and trusted partner for the business. You’ll lead by example, sharing thought leadership and driving for solutions while building your team and taking them on the journey
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Worked in a high growth, product or service led (ideally tech) company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and you’ll know how to apply the product mentality and methodology to hone your teams’ skill set
- Substantial people partnering or operational expertise – you’ve led teams through the creation, development and implementation of substantial people initiatives in a global setting
- Led international teams before (must have had exposure to the Americas) – you’ll be a strategic thought leader and guide for your team, helping them to have a big business impact while building highly effective relationships with their partners
- Broad technical expertise – meaning that no matter the challenge (a restructure, skills gap, training needs etc) you’re able to contribute and add value
- Data driven – you’ll base decisions on metrics and have clear KPIs for all your plans
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in. Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.