The People & Organizational Development Senior Specialist is responsible for supporting the overall success of company wide people and OD topics with a key focus on performance and talent management. This individual contributor role takes on a consulting approach to build strong stakeholder relationships and find the best solutions in order to drive the successful implementation, adoption and optimization of initiatives through strong project and change management, communications, process flows, documentation, training for skills and behavioral knowledge etc to enable the business in achieving its people objectives.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, PERFORMANCE & TALENT MANAGEMENT (60%):
- Be responsible for driving the purpose, design, implementation and optimisation of our people initiatives to strengthen organizational performance and culture. These include performance enablement, goal setting, individual growth and development plans, and organizational capability building in areas such as but not limited to a feedback driven culture, team operating models (e.g. cross collaboration) etc
- Assess, propose, develop, and implement networked learning or organizational development solutions that assist the business and teams to meet strategic initiatives and future growth in a holistic way
- Support Lead and team on global or department specific initiatives in areas of talent management such as talent reviews and succession planning, progression and internal mobility and organizational design within Wise.
- Utilize data to identify current and emerging trends in relation to performance improvements, skills gaps, competencies and behaviors required to achieve desired organizational impact and prepare for future needs
- Measure impact and revise product areas to address specific feedback, as needed.
- Facilitate learning through education, sharing or training sessions for the purposes of pilot project initiations, improvements or reiterations in product areas and/or capability building that can be applied effectively across the organization.
- Lead and/or assist in the planning, preparation, resource building and documentation of different projects and process flows for seamless execution
BUSINESS CONSULTANCY & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Establish and develop relationships with different business functions and to act as a Learning Partner for (sub)functions, taking a coaching approach to consult their performance needs.
- Collaborate with the Learning/People Partners and local People teams to gain insight into specific team based needs
- Champion as an advisor and change agent to provide continuous support and follow-ups with functional teams and stakeholders across the business in the adoption and overall management on performance and talent related matters
- Employ project management skills and tools to manage multiple medium to large-scale projects from analysis through delivery concurrently.
- Takes part in offered training initiatives that develops skills which are needed in this position.
- Shows initiative to take on additional learning opportunities that would help them develop their skills and overall team success
- Strong experience and knowledge in the field of organizational development, performance and talent management, and team dynamics – hands on experience implementing and/or optimizing a 360 performance management process would be a plus
- Have managed and able to influence a variety of stakeholders – you’ll be well-used to working with all types of people, talking 1 to 1 or engaging with a large audience or influencing stakeholders at different levels
- Project management and change management mastery – You’ve planned, scoped and implemented large scale projects or change initiatives, so you’ll know how to scope a problem and craft a phased plan, often with an MVP or product development approach.
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to make delivery happen while still being able to think big picture
- Ability to take a consultative approach using creative, analytical and problem solving skills in unison to provide the most optimal and effective of solutions
- Experienced working in virtual international environments with hybrid teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent experience), ideally related to organizational psychology, performance psychology, organizational development and design
- 4- 6 years of people and organization development experience within a fast-paced, matrixed organization
- Excellent English – written and verbal communication
- Keeping up with key changes/announcements in the business that might impact their area of work and following the industry trends, developments and research in the People & Organizational Development world
- A strategic mindset applied to POD Team products and projects paired with a clear awareness of the bigger picture and the individual impact of their role (connecting the dots with various products and services offered by POD Team)
- Comfortable with uncertainty and unpredictable environments, flexible and adaptable to business needs
- Being a self-starter, proactively identifying/anticipating any blockers, challenges and opportunities and figuring out the solutions
- Willingness to contribute to projects and initiatives outside of one’s own domain, collaborating with other team members to achieve common goals
- A passion for mentoring, coaching and facilitating, applied to both business stakeholders and team members
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate large scale projects
- High attention to detail and passion for high quality
- Great facilitation, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.