Wise plc launched in 2011 under its original name TransferWise. Fast forward to 2022 – we are 3000+ Wisers across 17 countries and 90+ nationalities. We are one of the world’s fastest growing, profitable technology companies and the largest tech company by market capitalisation to ever list in London.
We disrupted an industry and created a new way to move money across borders. Today, 11 million people and businesses use Wise. We process over £6 billion in cross-border transactions every month, saving customers over £1 billion a year. We are continuing to grow at pace and to redefine the international money space.
Our finance team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so do expect a lot of video-calls and some travel. You’ll be part of a commercially-minded Tax team, helping to ensure our tax affairs are efficient, transparently compliant and slick so that our mission is sustainable.
- Assist in the outsourced preparation of EMEA corporate tax computations (e.g. UK & branches, Belgium, Hungary, Israel, Spain & Switzerland) and eventually take ownership). This includes adhering to controls, managing risks and identifying ways to automate and streamline manual tasks using existing systems or emerging technologies.
- Assist with the preparation of IFRS year-end tax reporting and tax provisions for local statutory accounts and group reporting with the help of advisors where necessary.
- Work closely with financial controllers, accounting, and finance system teams for sources of data and information, including directly extracting information from our ERP system.
- Support the International Tax Managers on ad hoc research and projects, including expansion into new countries and liaising with external advisors to ensure tax requirements are met.
- Engage in team-wide initiatives including budgeting, forecasting, planning, risks and controls. It is important to be interested in and engaged in all tax initiatives and to work closely with all members of the tax team.
As we continue to scale at speed, this role will inevitably evolve over time, so you’ll need to be proactive, independent and excited at the prospect of solving unfamiliar problems.
- Some practical experience in tax or accounting (c. 3-4 years in an accounting firm or in-house environment)
- Comfortable with large volumes of data
- Solid understanding of core accounting principles
- Independent self-starter with amazing communication skills
Some extra skills that would be great
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Practical experience of direct taxes in an in-house environment
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA or similar.
Some of your benefits
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Generous parental leave
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.