What’s the role?
Are you a master of words? Do you look at social media posts and think “pfft, rookies, I could've done better”? Of course you do. Well, that’s great news because we’re looking for someone just like you to come on board as a Social Media Manager at Wise. You’ll own the performance and growth (omg powerful) of our English organic social media channels and you’ll join our Organic Content team (we’re lovely, promise) which sits within Performance Marketing.
We believe in autonomy, so you’ll have the opportunity to take charge of our official Wise accounts so you can spruce them up with that creative noggin of yours. You’ll also be working alongside an Organic Designer, a YouTuber, and a Content Marketing Manager, to name a few.
We want someone who’s ready to get planning, get creating and to spread the message across the world.
Don’t be like Vincent van Gogh, be recognised IN YOUR TIME for the social genius you are.
Your mission will be to create impactful, recognisable, fun social content that will make people go “omg, wow, I need to get Wise.” We work strategically here though, so you'll also need to optimise your work using performance data too.
Now for the serious part:
- Plan and deliver quality content that uniquely resonates with our audience
- Help us achieve our vision to create industry-leading social channels
- Generate increasing new Wise customers, engagement and new followers
- Develop a content plan in advance to ensure we meet our content targets
- Be a guardian for quality, always aware of the legal, compliance and brand guidelines
- Collaborate with our Organic Social Designer to transform your ideas in masterpieces
- Be reactive. Keep your finger on the pulse to make sure we jump on relevant trends
- Measure your performance – know what works and why so your plans evolve with time
- Pair performance data with creative execution to build content that drives higher reach, engagement and clicks
- Bring a huge variety of creative ideas, validate them for yourselves and seek feedback regularly
We’re looking for an ambitious, self-starting gem of a human being to build their career within Organic Social and Content Marketing. This person should be full to the brim with creative ideas and know exactly how to push them out there and communicate them to designers.
More on the above:
- A content creator at heart – with an eye for design, detail and clever copy
- Have hands on experience running the social media channels for a brand
- Highly organised and able to plan and work in advance
- As reactive as your content and can change content at the drop of a hat
- Proactive – bringing new ideas to the team at all times
- Experience creating content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok
- You’re autonomous and a self starter, you gather your ideas, validate which are best and get it done.
- Proven experience using a brand tone of voice (or working with tone of voice guide)
- Experience adapting content and strategy to multiple channels and content formats
- Experience making unique content per channel and adapting/repurposing for others
- Data driven – naturally curious. Persistently watching for how your posts perform
- You’re analytical and constantly look at data to improve your own plans
- You’re a natural communicator (in person, and in your copy and content)
- You’re a TikTok pro and have created your own content already
- You’re aware of the bigger picture and understand how your content contributes to the company mission and goals
- Finally you’re a content connoisseur, and understand when to use memes, UGC, testimonials, reposts, evergreen content, campaigns (etc) to get the best results
Extra skills that would make us go “wow!”:
- Experience creating content for social channels we may not have mentioned. Such range.
- Experience launching and growing new channels from scratch
- Skills with creative software is a plus (Figma springs to mind), but not necessary
- Fluency in additional languages is always a bonus, but not a requirement
Who we are:
Wise was founded in 2011 with one clear mission: Money without borders so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
We’re meant to spend together,
I’ll be there and you’ll be near,
And that’s the deal my dear.” 🎵
Sorry. Where were we?
The core of our company is international money transfer but we’re also committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people out there, all over the world. But we’re not stopping at transfers, and our products and team are still growing. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here:
We know how it is. A lot of the time companies pitch themselves as “different” and “down to earth.” Then you show up on day one and everyone’s in suits and there’s more hierarchy than a Tudor court. But we actually are different and don’t like any of that corporate nonsense. We work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Like little start-ups within a start-up. Cute.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You’re your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support and feedback from your talented, super-smart teammates while you find your feet.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
Benefits in our London office:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- £12,800 worth of RSUs in a profitable company
- 25 days paid holiday leave (plus bank holidays), sick days and other leave opportunities
- Parental leave: 26 weeks maternity leave at full pay, plus an additional 13 weeks at minimum wage. 18 weeks with full pay for paternity leave. 10 days leave on full pay for any Wisers affected by pregnancy loss, including those who are partners or surrogate mothers
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their pet into the office. Woof.
Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.