Content Design Lead – Support
We’re looking for a talented content design lead to join our design team in London. You’ll be embedded in the Support tribe as a key strategic partner as we grow our product offering – and fly the flag for good content and its impact on our customers’ experience. You’ll build up the content design practice in Support – hiring, developing and mentoring the content designers working on our growing number of products.
We’re looking for a talented Content Design Lead to join our design team in London. You’ll be embedded in the Support tribe as a key strategic partner as we grow our product offering – and fly the flag for good content and its impact on our customers’ experience. You’ll build up the content design practice in Support – hiring, developing and mentoring the content designers working on our growing number of products.
How you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll get to know Wise’s customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs – and use this knowledge to build products and features that support them.
- You’ll use your expertise to coordinate and support content designers in your teams to discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully crafted, intuitive experiences that customers love.
- You’ll take a bird’s eye view of the bigger picture, guiding your team to increase the customer-centricity, creativity, and content quality in your area of the product.
- You’ll work with discipline leads to create, maintain or pivot the strategic vision for the product – particularly from a content perspective – spotting the opportunities for content designers to have the biggest impact.
- You’ll line manage and mentor the content designers in your teams, and build the discipline as opportunities arise. You’ll take an overview of existing content and create a plan for increasing quality across the whole of Wise.
In this role you’ll:
- Ship work you’re proud of.
- Own your impact. You’ll guide your writers to have individual and group impact on the content in their teams, and will help define what the squad priorities are.
- Elevate product quality. You define what ‘good’ looks like to your squad. And you help the teams deliver it.
- Be part of a positive change in the world. We’re fixing a broken, greedy system, and putting people and businesses in control of their money.
You’re an experienced content designer with a strong background creating clear, effective and empathic content for apps and services, and have some experience leading in a product environment – be it projects, initiatives or people.
- You’ve got solid experience in content design or UX writing and have helped build digital products across both mobile and web interfaces — with a portfolio of impactful work to show for it.
- You’ve worked on strategic projects, have experience planning and organising workflows, running workshops, ideating and prioritising the outcomes..
- You have experience managing people (ideally, but not necessarily, in a product environment).
- You’re always happy to explain your process, and demonstrate how content solves real customer problems – proving impact and advocating for content design’s power.
- You’re collaborative and set a strong example with your ways of working, by teaching and building conviction in others — across teams, offices and cultures.
- You can give and receive feedback sensitively and constructively, and you’re always keen to learn.
And as a heads up, this probably isn’t for you if
- Your experience is mostly in marketing content, advertising, copywriting, journalism or social media and you have no hands-on content design experience.
- You need a structured briefing process to do your best work — here we expect everyone to shape the way they work and the impact they have on the product.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Also, academic qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.