Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Security Engineer with a focus on Application Security to join our Security Squad in Tallinn or London. You will be responsible for working with the wider engineering teams to secure the global security features of Wise products and internal systems.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team:
- Working closely with product engineers and finding new ways to protect our customer data and funds;
- Teaching engineers how to conduct threat modelling exercises and promoting good security engineering practices to our internal engineering community;
- Handling our bug-bounty program to discover and fix existing problems in our products in collaboration with product engineers and external researchers;
- Working on streamlining our product vulnerability discovery and lifecycle management across engineering teams;
Is this you?
- You are passionate about Cybersecurity;
- You have worked within a production environment and understand the security risk regarding Continuous Integration/Delivery;
- You have worked or experience in Applications/Mobile penetration testings, researching and bug bounty programs;
- You are passionate about Application Security and everything around it;
- You have experience with security tooling (commercial or open source) such as SAST, DAST and dependency scanning;
- You have experience with Java stack or MVC frameworks to understand how our products and engineering works;
- Great communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to other Wisers;
- Are able to run your projects in collaboration with other teams and find the path for success;
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Software engineering experience;
- Experience with conceiving and delivering theoretical and practical training sessions to engineers;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- A basic understanding of statistics and Machine Learning;
- Understand how Scrum and Agile development works;
- You are able to script and automate your work ( e.g. Python, Bash, Go );
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏝️ Annual Summer Days Event
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.