Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
Enter: our Governance Engineering team! 🎉
We are looking for a “hands on” Platform Engineer to join our growing Governance Engineering team in London.
The team is responsible to ensure that our cloud infrastructure meets all the necessary compliance/governance requirements for a growing FinTech business and help other infra teams to build and maintain the foundations of Wise’s cloud infrastructure efficiently and safely in accordance with the applicable frameworks and guidelines.
To this end you will be working with us to develop tooling and provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, and optimise how our infrastructure is provisioned and managed on AWS and possibly other major cloud providers.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and repeatable design patterns. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, our AWS estate becomes more complex, and we need to absorb the scale of our growing user base, with a laser focus on uptime and availability. Since cost plays an important role in achieving our mission, this role plays a critical part in how we monitor and optimise our spending as we grow. We are looking for someone who can rationalise the patterns of the estate and help guide our teams to the best approach to impact our mission.
- Experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS), both in utilising its services and understanding of how Cloud infrastructure works
- Experience with standard Linux command line tools and bash scripting
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python or Golang
- Experience using Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Using configuration management or software delivery platforms to manage systems (such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer)
- Experience in scaling and building with automation e.g. including tooling in pipelines instead of manual operational changes
- Basic understanding of standard networking protocols and components, especially networking in AWS
Any of the additional would also be amazing!
- Good knowledge of Observability stacks and tooling – Grafana, ELK, Prometheus, Tracing
- Good knowledge of Cloud Security and DevSecOps practices
- Good discipline and skill in producing written documentation and diagrams
- Experience managing authentication and authorization across a large organisation including handling employee lifecycles and role-based access control
- Cloud cost management
- Experience working in regulated businesses, PCI etc
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- The Wise stack, 2020 edition
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.