We’re looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our People team to be based in our Tokyo office. This is an exciting time to join us as we continue to scale in the APAC region. You will be working with our existing team (all based in Singapore) day-to-day providing a seamless and customer focussed experience across the Wiser lifecycle. You will be supporting the team based in Tokyo and eventually other locations we have in the APAC region such as South Korea and Shanghai to name a few. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to develop and add impact to a fast growing team.
- Assist and work with our People Operations Coordinator based in Singapore in managing the administrative process of onboarding new Wisers in Japan, ensuring that the Wiser journey is as smooth as possible with everyone involved kept in the loop
- Help out new hires with relocation documentation and logistics, as needed including travel and accommodation bookings for relocators
- Coordinating with our UT and Workplace team to ensure our new Wisers are set up for success on day 1 including access card & workstation collection both onsite & offsite.
- Work with our People Operations Coordinator to ensure all first day new Wiser administration are in place and provide additional support when needed (e.g. employment contracts, right to work checks, benefits enrollment, welcome email etc.)
- Collaborate with our APAC People team in facilitating newbie engagement & networking – scheduling newbie group virtual interactions with existing pool of Wisers.
- Be the first point of contact of Wisers in Japan
- Working with and maintaining our HR system (Workday) and other custom apps with high level of accuracy
- Maintain and update the People Operations content on Confluence, making sure that information for all of Japan is accurate and up to date
- Coordinate annual health checks requirement
- Support any ad hoc People related admin requests
- Support our Payroll team with any documentation they need to process changes (benefits, leavers, etc.)
- Facilitate internal movement within Wise
- Communicate new and revised benefit and leave plans in the local team
- Respond to relevant tickets raised by our Wisers via our tool called JIRA.
- Support on local labor regulations in Japan and provide support to our Leads and the wider People Operations team on any changes to legislation and policy.
- Conduct exit interviews to all leaving Wisers in Japan. Review the data collected and give feedback to relevant team when appropriate
- Work closely with our Workplace and UT team in making sure all company issued equipment is returned on the last working day
- Provide support to the People Operations and People Partners team with other ad-hoc tasks and project-based work
- Be the voice and bring representation for our Japan team to the global team
- Partner with our Recruitment team for any hiring initiatives needed for Japan (ie. employer brand initiatives, career fairs)
- Partner with our People Organization & Development team in delivering some local specific training content
A bit about you:
- You have a strong HR background in Japan and are well-versed in local employment law and practice. Ideally someone who have at least 3-4 years of HR Operational experience in a generalist role within a growth-stage tech company
- Good English and Japanese communication skills
- Strong HRIS knowledge and technical aptitude, such as familiarity with G-suite, and experience with WorkDay and/or Excel would be a plus
- Adaptable and solution-focused approach
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Can-do attitude and a positive mindset
- Honest, able to own up to mistakes (we all make them, after all) and reliable – someone who never breaks promises.
- You love new technology and have the desire to improve the process by automation
- We are looking for someone who will live the Wise values, in particular “We get it done” and “Customer>Team>Ego”.
- Keen to improve processes and challenge the way we do things for the better.
Extra skills that would be awesome:
- Proficiency in other languages
- Experience working with other Asia Pacific countries (S. Korea and China ideal)
- Full suite HR experience (onboarding, offboarding, payroll, Compensation & Benefits)
- Experience in dealing and managing employee related issues
Why you would take this role?
- You enjoy being in an environment that constantly evolves and is fast-paced
- You embrace new technology
- You like to solve problems and implement solutions
- You like working in an autonomous environment and thrive in working independently
Please Note: This role is based in Tokyo. We can't offer visa sponsorship for this position, you must have the right to work in Japan.
Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tokyo office
From ancient temples to towering skyscrapers, Tokyo dazzles with its mix of traditional culture and passion for everything new.