Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist
We’re looking for a dedicated Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist to join our growing financial crime fighting team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and financial crime. Your mission is to protect our customers and Wise by reporting suspicious activity.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about Financial Crime Risk, dedicated in creating a world class team, and keen working in a fast paced and rapidly growing fintech environment.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Summarise investigation findings and analyse payment activity;
- Prepare and submit suspicious activity reports to financial intelligence units;
- Independently research and resolve issues;
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organisation;
- Other ad hoc duties that needs to be done;
A bit about you:
As our ideal candidate you have a previous experience working either in AML, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity.
In addition, you have excellent communication skills both in verbal and written English (additional languages are a plus). You will have a “can do attitude” and enjoy working in a fast moving collaborative environment. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are well versed in financial crime topics. Ideally you have previous work experience to demonstrate it.
- Practice. You have a demonstrable experience of analysing information (preferably related to financial crime). You have at least a Bachelor’s degree. You are comfortable articulating and justifying your decisions and making independent judgement calls.
- Passion. You are curious and proactive by nature, you love solving puzzles and you get a kick out of figuring things out and enjoy expressing your thoughts concisely and logically.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking ownership and working with tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to details, enjoy interpreting data and weighing different aspects (and risks) to make decisions.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale-up and are looking to contribute to Wise’s mission. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Location. Budapest. You’re located and legally authorised to work in Hungary.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, as this is our working language.
In your cover letter please demonstrate what are your previous experiences related to fighting financial crime. Also, please indicate what you will be bringing to the team. Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.