Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a CI Platform Engineer to join us in our Automation & Tooling team, in Tallin.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Our Automation & Tooling team is responsible for building the CI/CD pipeline + platform automation and tooling for Wise engineers. We want to deliver sustainable solutions for product teams, with a healthy dose of paranoia knowing how complex, distributed systems can fail
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team
- You'll be working hands-on in the team and we expect you to build and own the vision for CI&CD tooling in Wise.. We are invested in AWS and Kubernetes, making the most of these abstractions. You'll also work with our product engineering teams to understand their needs and requirements and onboard them to new solutions.
Ideally you have experience with
- CI/CD at scale
- Building out scalable and automated Cloud platforms on preferably AWS
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic sysadmin skills in debugging issues with disk, network, app/JVM performance etc
- Will not settle at all for downtime and outages, do not want to be woken up in the middle of the night
What would be nice to have;
- Experience with software engineering languages such as Java, Python, Go, Groovy etc
- Good knowledge of relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and an eye on newer architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh, lambda programming
- Have ran performance and load tests at scale, and able to forecast capacity for the future
- Network knowledge of DNS, network topology, switches, routers etc.
Key areas of the role:
- Define and create standard operating procedures that are compliant and auditable
- Ownership of mission-critical shared platform services – run, maintain and schedule upgrades
- Isolation of environments and work with various engineering teams to figure out how to best suit their needs
- Sees failover and DR events as something that needs to happen with regularity and should be seamless
- Engage regularly with our blameless postmortem culture, always focused on continuous improvement
- Collect and define requirements for new solutions with clear documentation
What you get back:
🚀 RSU's in a growing company
💪 An annual self-development budget
🐶 Pet friendly offices
🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
🌍 Relocation and visa expenses covered
🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London office
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.