Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Platform Tribe.
Here at Wise we are working hard to ensure our engineering teams are empowered with the capabilities and knowledge to launch products that delight our customers. To support this vision we are looking for an exceptional Technical Project Manager to work in our platform team.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Experience leading the delivery of complex, high risk and high impact projects
- This role is working with internal teams and external partners and vendors so direct experience of leading multi-disciplinary cross company projects is key.
- An affinity for and ability to understand technical details is key for this role, as is being able to communicate widely with non-technical people. This is not a hands on technical role, but you will spend a lot of time helping engineers to solve technical challenges.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures, in both cloud environments AWS and in traditional datacenters.
- Wise is a rapidly growing company that is proud of its ability to ship quickly so experience working in a similar entrepreneurial environment is key.
- Proven skill in creative problem solving.
- Experience of in all phases of project management from project vision and scoping to final delivery.
- Strong commitment to doing things in a sustainable way, including identifying and working through difficult decisions needing to be made around scope and realistic delivery.
- Be able to define, mitigate and communicate overall project risk to project team and stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Wise provides financial services so experience of working in a regulated business and working with regulators (Experience of PCI-DSS, ISO27000, or similar security requirements is a plus).
- Ability to coach engineers on how to manage their project – without actively getting involved and driving the project yourself.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.