At Wise our mission is Money Without Borders – instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free.
As we continue to grow and scale, we’re on the hunt for an experienced IT Audit Professional to join our Finance Risk and Controls team. As the business continues to scale, this role will be instrumental to our in strengthening our internal control environment, monitoring and reporting.
This will provide an excellent platform for someone looking to step into a Fintech and deep dive into the inner workings of a Company that has taken the financial services industry by storm.
- You will develop a broad domain and technical understanding of our automated and technology dependent control implementations that help record, maintain and report on customer data related to financial reporting.
- You will document, challenge and build an end to end view of our application controls to illustrate key IT dependent risks, controls and processes.
- Build a testing programme to independently assess IT controls to identify gaps and collaborate with process owners to implement remediation plans.
- You will have a high degree of ownership and will be responsible for guiding and challenging the team through the next phase of technical control improvements, automation and implementation.
- Ensure all control remediation, internal and external audit actions are completed on time and actions are adequate to mitigate the inherent risks.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own your own path to success – You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility to bring your vision and ideas to life.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business – Be the key point of contact across IT, finance and operational teams as you help them implement a risk and control culture.
- Grow with the role – You will build on your leadership skills and grow your own team as the business and finance function grows in complexity.
- Stepping stone – This role provides an excellent platform for someone looking to step into the finance function of a fast growing Fintech.
A bit about you:
- Theory – Bachelors, masters or Diploma in Technology, Mathematics or related field. Professional qualification such as CISA or equivalent and knowledge of COBIT is a must.
- Practice – 7 + years experience in audit and assurance engagements with a focus on ITGC’S, automated and IT dependent controls. Experience within Financial services or organisations dealing with high volume transactions is a distinctive advantage.
- Love getting things done – A record of delivering IT controls and process improvement projects. You take a proactive approach to investigate complex problems, propose solutions and execute to completion.
- Commercial acumen – You understand the value of taking a balanced approach to risk and controls to support the growth of the business.
- Collaborative – You work well in a multinational team environment, and know how to have an impact through others. No Drama Good Karma!
- Development – You are keen to learn and develop your knowledge of how a FinTech and fast growing scale-up operates.
Our finance team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so there are a lot of video calls and potentially some travel involved for finance wide initiatives (potentially once or twice a year).
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.