Here at Wise we’re working to create a seamless IT experience by offering all the tools and permissions people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed hump. We have a highly mobile, geographically diverse work environment and currently we look after 20 offices of varying sizes.
The teams that support all this are called User Technology (UT). UT comprises autonomous teams that build and maintain everything needed to support our company mission. These teams include Device Management, Conferences and Events, Network Infrastructure, Service Management and User Access Management organised into various engineering and support functions. We already have an amazingly dedicated and talented team of 60+ Technicians and Engineers.
A bit about the role
We are looking for a Support Technician to join our UT Support Team. Our mission is to support everyone in Wise through ensuring we’re offering the best equipment, keeping it safe and running in peak condition.
You’ll be working in a smaller group but in a global team. Most of our work is done locally but we also give support to co-workers who are travelling or working from anywhere outside of the office.
A bit about the job:
- Provide technical support for Wisers seeking assistance
- Manage procurement, assets and inventory
- Identify and suggest potential areas for improvement
- Be an encyclopaedia on Wise’s IT products and services
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
- Educate users and colleagues with tools, tech & security in Wise
- Manage provisioning and deprovisioning of devices
- Assisting other teams in UT
- Participate in internal projects for continuous improvement initiatives
A bit about you
- You have experience providing IT support for Windows and/or Mac OS environments
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems by nature
- You are an assertive communicator
- You are flexible and keen to learn
- You identify pain areas and run improvement initiatives until completion
- Great sense of humour and able to work under pressure
- Passionate about computing and user experience
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of the team as the situation requires
- Researching solutions and the latest technology is second nature to you
** We are currently unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU’s in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Budapest office.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.