Wise is coming to Mexico! We’re looking for pioneering KYC Analyst to join our brand new location in Mexico City as the first Wisers based in Mexico. 🚀
KYC or “Know Your Customer” Analysts provide excellent customer support both online and by greeting walk-in customers, answering questions, and verifying their documentation so that they can save money by using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of 25,000 MXN gross per month + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + an array of other benefits! This position will start in October, 2022.
You’ll be the face of Wise in Mexico! You’ll be there to support online and in-person customer issues relating to the verification of their Wise Account. You’ll be part of a self-sufficient and autonomous team, answering questions and reviewing documentation in a timely and efficient manner, in line with Mexican financial regulations.
- You’ll meet and greet walk-in customers, as well as explain service procedures to the customer and obtain needed information from the customer to help with their requests
- As the main point of contact locally, you’ll gain a thorough knowledge of all common topics within your area, while maintaining a high level of professionalism & product understanding
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure a resolution
- Work in a global team and interact with colleagues and support teams in other offices, and work with your colleagues in KYC to enhance their knowledge of Wise’s Customer Due Diligence obligations in different markets
- Review customer identification and other relevant documentation to ensure legitimacy
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources, and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification
- Effectively work through the backlog of verification cases maintaining speed, quality, consistency of work, and ensuring customer on-boarding is done in a timely manner
- Learn and understand our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them, and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
- Be the main contact for questions related to customer on-boarding and making follow-up with the customer about the verification process;
Requirements for KYC Analyst:
- You have advanced verbal and written English and fluent Spanish
- Previous financial compliance experience or bi-lingual customer support experience helping customers in a face-to-face setting
- Work on the assigned schedule – Full-time work week of 48 hours per week, with one-hour daily lunch break
- Friendly, patient, creative, and problem solving personality
- Able and flexible enough to keep up with constant change, and also be able to handle periods of routine routine work
- Independent with daily tasks, and can meet efficiency and quality expectations set for all team members
- Is able to detect problems, problematic areas, and solve or escalate them as needed
- You can multitask and take charge in different situations, and you have a razor sharp attention to detail
- You're a proactive team player who knows how to prioritize work and is willing to get things done
- Great fit for Wise company values and culture
- Must be legally authorized to work in Mexico without visa sponsorship
Important information about this role:
- This position will start in October, 2022!
- This is not a remote or hybrid position. Due to nature of the role, you will need to be in-person.
- This is a new position and a new office for Wise, so we’ll conduct your company onboarding and your initial job training in our Budapest, Hungary office for your first three weeks. We will provide flights, accommodation, and daily allowance for food, but you need to be willing and able to travel for this training by October. If you’re interested, please submit your CV and application question answers in English. Thank you!
- 💵 25,000 MXN gross per month starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💰 Christmas bonus each year
- 🩺 Medical insurance & Accidental insurance
- 💝 Company-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- ☀️ 33 paid days off including statutory holidays + 15 paid sick days + 5 paid compassionate leave days + 3 paid “Me” days + 1 paid volunteer day, each year
- 🍽 Food vouchers available immediately upon starting at Wise
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after one year with us
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇