What’s the Role?
We’re looking for a Mandarin speaking Content Specialist to join our growing SEO Content team.
Content and SEO at Wise is about making sure we offer the best possible content and on-site experience to our customers. We don’t believe in stuffing keywords in a blog article or building artificial links – but we do believe in great copy that inspires and helps readers to find answers.
We’re looking for someone who speaks Mandarin and writes in Simplified Chinese as a native speaker to take care of Wise Simplified Chinese blog. Simplified Chinese blog is one of the top growing locales for us and we need you to make it even bigger! The target audience is Chinese speakers all over the world, who work, study, live, especially in APAC and North America.
This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about content creation, digital marketing, and/or SEO. If you already have some knowledge and experience in SEO, that is a huge plus!
At Wise we’re on a mission to empower our users to make smart financial decisions based on transparent information. Our content team is no different. We produce content and monitor its performance too, because we believe that working in SEO means that you understand how the content you’re producing is helping the end user.
We’ll support your relocation to Tallinn and the work permit here, so feel free to apply even if you are not yet eligible to work in Estonia. If you want to work in Budapest, for now we cannot sponsor your work permit, so in this case you need to be already eligible to work in Hungary.
- Produce high quality SEO optimised content in Simplified Chinese for Wise Simplified Chinese blog
- Own your content – from ideas to briefing, proofreading, editing and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Conduct keyword research using Ahrefs, SEMRush
- Target both business and personal customers and understand the wants, needs and pain points of our potential new customers
- Explain our products in an easy to understand way for the readers
- Edit copy – you’re not afraid to fix copy or make direct changes when necessary
- Make data-driven decisions using a range of SEO and analytics tools
- Optimise older articles to improve conversion rates and boost performance
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader Marketing team
- Collaborate with Regional Product Marketing Manager and Product Manager to align with them and think of new content opportunities
- Find, coordinate and manage a bunch of talented freelance writers
- Follow frameworks – you will ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- If you’re experienced in SEO, you might help us identify a new way of working or initiative that helps bring growth to our channel as a whole, not just your locale
This Role Will Give You The Opportunity To
- Own one of the most promising blog locales in Wise and directly see your impact i.e. how your articles bring new users
- Work autonomously with help from your lead and other team members
- If you’re already experienced in SEO, you may have a chance to identify a new way of working or initiative that helps bring growth to our channel as a whole
- Deepen your SEO and marketing skills by working with talented people in the team
- Work in the SEO content team, probably the most international team in Wise, which consists of 35 (and counting) people from 20 different countries
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to other offices (Budapest, Tallinn, London)
- All this in an exciting international environment full of smart people, in cool offices where every day is bring-your-pet-to-work day
- You write in Simplified Chinese and speak Mandarin as a native
- You have local insights about Chinese speakers globally, especially in APAC and North America
- It’s a huge plus if you yourself have lived in APAC (especially Singapore, Malaysia) or North America and know the Chinese speakers’ needs and pain points when it comes to managing money internationally
- You love creating content
- It’s also a huge plus if you have SEO or content marketing experience
- You love using data. From traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work
- You’re great at building relationships and working with people outside of your own team to get things done (e.g. local freelancers, other teams at Wise)
- You have a great eye for detail and what makes ‘good’ content when it comes to words and visuals; from small copy changes to fixing blog articles in bulk
- You’re highly organised and great at time management
- If you have some experience of using or working with digital finance brands, banks or products, it’s a plus
- Some experience or knowledge of how Google Analytics or Google Search Console works is a plus but not mandatory
- Some experience or understanding of SEO and familiar with keyword tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz is a plus but not mandatory
- You thrive in a culture of autonomy and not afraid to take full ownership of your content plans from start to finish
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options of £7,200 in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- €750 personal development budget per working year to learn relevant marketing skills
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Relocation support to Estonia (in case if you want to work in Hungary, you need to be already eligible to work)
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits
A bit about Wise
Wise (formerly TransferWise) was founded in 2011 with a clear mission – money without borders — so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Now, 11 years on, over 12 million people and businesses have trusted Wise to manage their money and we move over £6 billion around the world every single month.
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find more about what it’s like to work at Wise – plus a full run through of our employee benefits – visit our careers page.
Salary: Between 600,000 and 733,000HUF monthly gross salary
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.