Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and that number is growing. Fast.
Current financial systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’ve been building a new one.
We are looking for experienced iOS engineers at all levels to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
We work in small, autonomous cross-functional teams. Team members own the problems and provide best in class solutions for our customers.
The Team: Compromised Accounts
Customer accounts are protected by best-in-class security that ensures only legitimate customers can set up, access & use their account. This means that they work on the features of our product to help protect our customers against scams and other forms of unauthorised usage of their account in order to keep their funds and details safe.The team works across our entire platform and stack to figure out where and when to apply security measures, and collaborates heavily with other teams to deliver them for our customers as part of a seamless experience.
What does it take?
- 5-7 years of Experience with building iOS apps that delight users
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
- A passion for product quality and user experience, attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about product engineering (or have the desire to learn it) <https://tech.transferwise.com/product-engineering-principles-transferwise/>
- Ability to both collaborate effectively with your team and solve problems independently and proactively
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Full-stack iOS development (we work in small teams, each with one or two mobile engineers, it’s likely you’ll be in charge of a feature from API to UI)
- Know SOLID ways to implement clean architecture, writing readable code that is testable (we currently work with VIPER but are continuously evaluating the latest architectures/methodologies – SwiftUI and Combine are nice to have)
- We value experience with state-of-art technologies, but we value eagerness to learn them even more
What the first six months look like?
- You’ll have on-boarded and found your place by understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll have an understanding of your team’s domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully shipped new features, from planning to release, and kept monitoring their adoption once live
- You’ll have gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take our product further
What you get back?
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
The first step is the application form. Here we ask you to include your CV detailing your past experience and achievements, a cover letter and a few questions related to the role.
Chat with Recruiter
In this round you will have a short chat with our recruiter to introduce you to Wise, our engineering philosophy and the role. We’ll get to know you a bit better – you won’t need to prepare anything in advance, but we do recommend finding out more about Wise if you haven’t already done so. You’ll also be able to ask us any questions you might have.
Pair Programming Interview
The goal of a pair-programming interview is to verify that a candidate can solve a “medium level” coding task within 40-45 minutes. In order to achieve it, we will use an interactive coding platform on HackerRank where the idea is for an interviewer to collaborate with the candidate and help him/her to solve a given task. You can find out more on Pair Programming here.
The Technical Interview round will usually comprise of a casual chat with the interviewers about some of your recent work that you are proud of, you could expect questions around justifying some of the choices you’ve made or discussing solutions for hypothetical problems that interviewers present. There will also be a coding round, a language-agnostic solution designing and you will also have a chance to ask questions so you can find out more about Wise.
The product interview focuses on evaluating your ability to understand details of a problem and how to prioritise what to build when solving it. You can find out more about how we think about Product Engineering on this blog.
The final interview’s focus will be around the feedback you got from the previous interviewers (which we will keep you informed about) and also with a bit of culture fit, motivation and your vision on how you see yourself working at Wise. The final interview usually takes 1 hour + will still involve some technical questions.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.