About the role
Founded in 2011, Wise’s mission is money without borders – so people and businesses can send, receive and spend money anywhere around the world effortlessly and at fair pricing, whenever, wherever. Fast forward to today and we help over 12 million customers move over £6 billion per month.
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious Global Senior Partnerships Manager to join our Affiliates & Partnerships team in London. You will be maximising growth from our current partnerships and helping to scale the team so we can work with more new businesses, influencers or anyone else who could recommend Wise to their users.
The Affiliates & Partnerships team is one of the biggest user acquisition channels within the Performance Marketing tribe. Our vision is to give partners the opportunity to recommend Wise by creating deals which work for both parties. We do this by setting up referral style partnerships without the need for heavier technical integrations.
Our product is universally useful, yet many people still don’t understand how they are losing out to hidden fees. For this reason your scope of partnership opportunities will be endless. You’ll start by taking over management of Business, YouTube and Study Abroad partnerships but then we’ll need you to test, validate and scale more new partnership categories/ types. You will be responsible for finding new partners, convincing them to work with Wise, commercials, campaign management, reporting and forecasting.
To support you in your role, you’ll work closely with a junior executive to help you with execution. You’ll work closely with our Affiliate Relationship Exec to help you understand the best way to communicate with your partners directly and en mass. As well as this we have a SEO Content Affiliates Manager who will look after traditional affiliate partnerships. You will need to work closely with them to understand any overlaps.
This role is ideal for candidates with mid – senior level experience (5+ years in relevant roles) who are passionate about unlocking true value through new partnerships. You’ll need to have a strong understanding of how to grow and streamline existing partnerships and experience finding new revenue streams.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Continue Partnership Growth
- Manage Business, YouTube and Study Abroad partnerships end to end
- Make key commercial partner decisions
- Suggest different payment options and integrations to make sure Wise is promoted to the partners audience (CPA, CPC, Fixed Fee, CPL, Rev Share and anything else you can think of!)
- Regularly review current spend vs acquisition to ensure partners are meeting desired KPIs. Where they are not, take appropriate action to rectify
- Speak directly with larger partners where necessary
- Manage and distribute budgets effectively
- Run incremental tests to find new growth opportunities
- Identify, outreach and close new partnerships in these categories
- Formulate short term and long term plans with clear KPIs
- Continue scaling current partnership categories globally
- Work with Junior Affiliate Exec to execute all the above
Find New Partnership Opportunities
- Learn from organic partnerships to create new partner categories
- Manage pipeline of deals from sourcing prospects, outreaching, commercial negotiation to deal closing
- Create theories, test and then scale new partnership verticals
- Pitch new partnership ideas to stakeholders within Wise and create a business case
- Work with the Affiliate Relationship Executive to create vertical specific outreach communication and pipelines
- Create vertical specific pitch decks and any supporting marketing material needed to target the partners’ audience
- Monitor partner performance on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis and relate results back to specific activities
- Forecast performance / spend across multiple project areas
- Understand time input vs return in each project area
- Split out natural growth and incremental activities
A bit about you
- Mid-senior level experience in one of the following roles:
- Partnerships manager – specifically looking at partnerships linked to acquisition of new users
- Growth manager
- Running your own business
- Previous experience working in affiliates / partnerships but now moved on to a new role, ideally involved in commercials
- Managed partnerships from idea generation to go live
- Worked with junior team members to mentor and scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written skills, able to lead meetings, presentations and pitches to convince partners to work with Wise
- Experience in setting up many different types and sizes of commercial deals
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills. Able to create your own KPIs and stick to them.
- Track record of self managing projects and developing concepts to improve efficiency
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify performance trends and opportunities
- Experience working in affiliates or business development
- Experience making your own website and monetizing it
- Multiple languages
What’s in it for you?
You will be one of the core members of a revamped affiliates & partnerships team within a fintech unicorn where the team and company has the potential for huge growth in the next few years.
This will be an opportunity to imprint your style on how Wise does partnerships in the 3 verticals we have ready to go, and then open up whatever new challenge you can find. There are no limitations to who we can work with, you will develop skills in many different verticals all at once and be given resources to do it quickly.
You’ll have the chance to work in a friendly and supportive atmosphere with plenty of opportunities to grow and be part of our revolution including a company funded personal development budget to spend on training, books and events.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.