Customer Support Associate (Turkish Speaker) – No Relocation Sponsorship
We’re looking for a bilingual Customer Service Agent who has an excellent command of Turkish and English to join our growing team in Tartu, Estonia.
We’re looking for a bilingual Customer Support Associate who has an excellent command of Turkish and English to join our growing team in Tartu, Estonia. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using Wise.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a bilingual team – you will be expected to help our customers both in Turkish and English on a daily basis
- Be flexible working during business hours but sometimes covering an evening or weekend shift (we’ll get you a cab home if you finish after 11pm)
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work with less supervision and solve complex problems working with other teams
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers
- Work autonomously – at Wise you get in what you put out so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
- Your verbal and written Turkish and English skills are excellent – Phone and email contacts are the main responsibility for this role, so clear communication in both languages is key, and we'll be evaluating yours all the way from your application through the end of the process
- You're already located in Tartu (we don't provide relocation sponsorship for this role)
- You’re flexible. Open to working days, evenings, and occasional weekend shifts. While you’ll set your own schedule, the requirements can change based on our customers needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time
- You’re organised. You’re methodical in your approach, with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask. Your lead will help you develop and remove blockers if they can, but they won’t stand over your shoulder, trusting you with the autonomy to meet and exceed your performance metrics and also deliver a great customer experience
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will. Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’re growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you’re adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You’re quick behind the keyboard, with a typing speed of at least 30 words-per-minute
- You hustle. And hard.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re committed to supporting Ukrainian refugees applying for this position. If you’ve had to relocate and are looking for a new job, don’t hesitate to apply below.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Here’s a few articles for you to read to learn more about our culture and product
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a short video interview and a test through HireVue (check your spam folder!). You’ll be given a few info links and some “customer emails” to answer. We’ll be looking at your spelling, grammar, accuracy of the information you provide, and your tone.
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve got a quiet place and about an hour free to complete this stage! 💻
Interview with the team
You’re going meet with one of our Customer Support Team Leads and a team member online, via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & Wise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: Wise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! Make sure you’ve been to our website or app and know what our products are. Test out sending a transfer to get the customer’s experience (you don’t have to complete it 😉). We’d love to hear feedback on your experience or how we can improve! 🔎
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tartu office
Tartu is one of the oldest cities in the Baltic and its 17th century university is at the very heart of the town. Set on the river Emajõgi, it’s the perfect place to see what happens when history meets innovation.