Senior Tech Recruiter
We’re looking to hire a Senior Tech Recruiter into our growing Recruitment team in North America at Wise! This person will be a pioneering Wiser in or near Austin, TX, and will play a pivotal role in growing our newest location from scratch! 🚀🚀🚀
You’ll receive an enticing package including a competitive annual starting salary + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Read more about open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
You will own talent management for our Engineering, Product, and Banking teams. You’ll be a key member of a growing recruitment team with a focus on delivering exceptional talent while keeping candidate and hiring manager experience front and center of what you do.
As a Recruiter you are a vital ‘gatekeeper’ to the overall success of Wise – you’ll be a key driver of our culture and values with the hires that you make. The right person will have thorough knowledge of talent management, understand how to partner effectively with team members and stakeholders, and have a boundless “get things done” attitude!
You’ll have the support of your Team Lead and the established US non-tech recruitment, as well as the tech recruitment team in London.
- Help us grow our technical and product teams in North America so we can help millions more customers save money using Wise
- Build long-term relationships with talented candidates and guide them through a seamless end-to-end process, supporting them every step of the way
- Exceed our candidates expectations, even those who were unsuccessful
- Partner with our hiring teams so they have the information they need and everyone agrees to a clear attraction and interview process, including things like onboarding, talent mapping, salary benchmarking
- Help scale up our tech hubs in Austin and New York and organize and lead our presence at key tech events in the region
- Set up recruitment marketing campaigns
- Use data to figure out the blockers to hiring, set KPIs, communicate how these can be achieved, and continually optimize the process to make sure it is globally scalable
- Collaborate with the wider People Team so that everything from offers, background checks, and onboardings happen like clockwork for your candidates
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Work autonomously while demonstrating impact in an environment where regular feedback and change is the norm
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge, and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’re an experienced recruiter with track record of success in hiring exceptional tech (including Full Stack, Frontend, and Backend) and product roles – previous experience is required
- You’ll have a network of trusted contacts and deep market knowledge – and quickly be able to identify candidate market opportunities
- You’ll be ready to go beyond sourcing candidates and managing the interview process and look at the bigger picture – you can spot great candidates who’ll fit with our culture not just those with the purest skill set
- You’re an adaptable self-starter – someone who can use their own initiative to keep things running at pace and doesn’t sit around waiting for answers to come to them
- You’re comfortable dealing with ambiguity and an always-changing environment and a perfectionist with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- You’re a creative problem solver. A tricky niche role won’t get you down. It’s a challenge that just spurs you on to find a new approach and try something new. You’re curious and get a real kick out of learning different skills
- You’re a confident communicator and influencer, being totally comfortable talking to people of any level, whether it’s in person, on the phone or in writing. You understand how best to adapt your approach to your audience
- You’re data-driven in your approach and can effectively manipulate and present data to influence stakeholders
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
Also, the follow would be a bonus, so please highlight in your application:
- You’ve worked in or recruited for a startup or high growth company before
- You have experience scaling up new offices and teams, and building processes within a hyper growth environment
- You’ve got a background in product recruitment, analytics recruitment, and/or banking recruitment
- You have experience in in-house recruitment
- Competitive annual starting salary, based on experience
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 25 days of PTO + 15 paid sick days + 11 paid banking holidays + 5 paid compassionate leave days + 3 paid “Me” days + a paid volunteer day, annually
- 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 6-week paid sabbatical + a £1000 bonus, after 4 years with us
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.