Due Diligence Team Lead
Our Due Diligence team is looking for a Team Lead in Tallinn, Estonia. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop a high performing verification team and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission will be to develop a high performing verification team, to learn more about the compliance world, to improve the sometimes frustrating verification process for our customers, and to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
The role as a Due Diligence Team Lead gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop a strong verification team and support agents on their personal growth path by scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team events, providing regular coaching, and more.
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success while planning team capacity and focusing on customer experience.
- Increase the efficiency of the verification team while balancing the health and productivity of your agents.
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver a great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base.
- Be accountable for quality assurance of verification performed, making decisions within our policy framework, and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes.
- Manage the trainings of the team on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfil them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime.
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of recommendations and policies.
- Work with product teams, customer operations, and across compliance to manage operational impact of changes and drive initiatives to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies.
- Represent the policies, processes, and auditable verification work to regulators and auditors.
As the Due Diligence Team Lead you should have the following skills:
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent, any additional language skills are a plus
- You have strong administrative skill and extremely organised, with familiarity in navigating administrative systems
- You have a good understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding customer verification and familiarity with reading legal and regulatory documents, preferably from a market that Wise currently operates in
- You’re a great communicator with strong presentation skills and can assist internal and external projects and audits, and you’re comfortable and calm when either giving or receiving feedback
- You have the ability to analyse and move team’s metrics and KPIs, and forecast resources for effective planning
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership over your duties taking charge in different situations, and passionate about developing your team
- You have previous work experience in the financial sector or similar (eg. relevant regulatory landscape)
- Application review (including reviewing your cover letter answers)
- 1st interview with two Team Leads
- Final interview with 2 Area Leads
If this sounds like a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English (answering the questions below) before (insert date)
In your Cover Letter please answer the following questions:
- What are your expectations for this role?
- How do you make sure that your team has a healthy team culture?
- Our team receives on average 2000 emails per week, but processes 1800 emails weekly. Additionally, the team has a backlog of 500 emails that is carried over from week to week. What are your plans to come out of this backlog trend on a short term basis and to avoid it altogether in the long term?
Please note that applications without cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.