Now is an exciting time to join us at Wise. We’re about to launch our “assets” product in the EEA and are looking for a Compliance Officer to lead the building and development of our investment compliance program. As the Compliance Officer for TINV Europe AS (our Estonian investment entity), you’ll be responsible for overseeing our Estonian financial crime and regulatory compliance programmes for investment services.
Oversight of the implementation of the compliance program:
- Supervise TINV Europe’s adherence to all relevant regulatory and financial crime aspects of Estonian law.
- Own internal policies that govern TINV Europe’s adherence to all relevant local laws and regulations.
- Develop a monitoring and testing program for the compliance control framework.
- Train the teams in charge of the application of those compliance controls
- Carry out horizon scanning and gap analysis for any regulatory changes
- Point of contact for the Finantsinspektsioon (Estonian Financial Supervision and Resolution Authority) and the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) for all compliance matters.
- Represent TINV Europe externally for compliance related matters.
- Supervise the reporting obligations for both regulatory and financial crimes in Estonia.
- Report directly to TINV Europe’s Management Board on all compliance matters and attend board meetings as and when required.
- Prepare the quarterly compliance report for the Management Board. the Board of directors of TINV Europe
- Participate in Wise’s Group Compliance Risk Committees
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and its newest product by getting to know numerous teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the local compliance framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams.
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll be the first Compliance Officer in our Estonian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
A bit about you:
If you have a compliance background in investments or other regulated financial services, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Experience in financial services compliance and working in an international setting.
- Investment experience a plus but not required
- Experience of working with regulators or similar bodies;
- Experience in aligning to the other key risks across the risk taxonomy, including operational, compliance and strategic risk as well as intersecting risks.
- Good understanding of relevant Estonian laws and regulations for regulatory compliance and financial crime.
- Ability to represent TINV Europe in a professional manner to all internal (e.g. management) and external (e.g. regulatory authorities) stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of second line of defence independence and challenge/ escalation where concerns are felt.
- Effective in change impact, liaison with other functions.
- Estonian and English fluency
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.