Customer Support Training Senior Lead
We’re looking for a CS Training Senior Lead to join our growing CS Ops team in Tallinn or Budapest.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a lead and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop with a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
Your mission is to implement and lead our CS knowledge, training management strategy and framework while cooperating with our CS teams and supporting functions, while developing and maintaining training programs.
The role as a CS Training Senior Lead gives you the opportunity to:
- Work together with CS Regional Leads to understand future headcount and capacity needs and report them the overall results and plans for Learning and Development in the specific site and/or team
- Work together with other operations training leads to ensure that onboarding and team’s L&D are aligned and successful across the company
- Own the communication and updates about different trainings across the teams
- Support training leads and Learning and Development in upscaling trainings and onboarding processes by constantly identifying improvement areas and finding new ways to analyze training needs
- Own the quality of our onboarding and ongoing training delivery by supporting the team on setting and reaching KPIs for onboarding trainings, mentoring and for new joiners
- Continuously update self knowledge with the knowledge from the business
- Own overall training schedule/roster for assigned teams. Ensures this is fully up to date based on latest training requirements and the team has enough capacity to deliver.
- Think and plan long term by defining team’s vision and goals and communicating them to the wider business
- Think global and ensure that training processes and materials are aligned across CS.
- Lead a group of training leads across multiple offices/timezones
- Lead by example by promoting a healthy feedback culture, especially around critical, more difficult conversations and leading across locations
As the CS Training Senior Team Lead you should have the following skills:
- You have excellent verbal & written English, any other languages are a plus;
- You are able to convince others, present your viewpoint and proposed solutions in such a way that helps others take informed decisions
- You know how to have effective and efficient decision-making conversations
- You have the ability to identify, create and apply processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experiences with the aim to achieve project objectives
- You have great communication and presentations skills to support internal and external cross-team projects and audits
- You operate and lead according to the company values
- You have a good understanding and ability to analyze and move team’s metrics
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- You have previous work experience in L&D
- You are experienced or have interest in working with people from different backgrounds
- You have previous experience in team leadership minimum of 3 years
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English and answering the following questions:
- Tell us what kind of metrics have you used in your previous Learning and Development role to measure the success of the trainers and the program as a whole?
- How have you ensured that trainers are able to maintain a strong enough level of subject matter knowledge to support specialised teams while being flexible enough to be used to support multiple teams as needed?
- You would be leading a team based across multiple timezones (Americas, Asia, Europe), how would you ensure that the team will collaborate well together? How would you ensure career growth and development for trainers and training leads?
You will be asked to present your ideas and explain your vision during the process.
Please note that applications without a cover letter won’t be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.