Solutions Engineer – Wise Platform
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our growing team in Austin.
The Wise Platform team works with financial institutions and major tech companies at a global level to offer Wise products and services directly to their customers through our API. We help partners to architect and build integrations to our class-leading international finance products, while improving Wise Platform by increasing the capabilities of our public API. The team’s goals are to drive the growth of Wise through partnerships and integrations by creating a world class product set delivered through third parties.
- Based within the Wise platform team, your role will be to provide technical consulting and product guidance to banks and other partners integrating Wise in their products, primarily in a post-sale capacity.
- Working in conjunction with the technical presales team, you will be involved in the business development process where we need support for larger partners who require novel features to successfully integrate.
- You will assist the partners as they move into the implementation phase to define their technical solution, gather and document any new requirements and collaborate internally and externally to ensure successful integration delivery.
- Manage multiple partner integrations in parallel and define and improve processes to increase efficiency in the team and deliver successful projects simultaneously.
- You will participate in feature definition and prioritization alongside long term strategy planning with the rest of the Wise Platform team, as part of our quarterly planning sessions.
- You will help partners to define and deliver the best integration possible within their unique constraints against our existing platform in order to provide a fantastic end customer experience.
- With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with Implementation Managers, Product Managers and Engineers and make product and project decisions with the team.
Some of your focus areas will be:
- Work in improving the integration experience for banks in relation to documentation, public and private APIs, SDKs, examples, code samples and reference implementations.
- Collaborate with the technical presales team to support the sales cycle and win new partnerships.
- Improving internal processes to increase the team’s capacity to deliver multiple integrations in parallel.
- When required, designing and developing new features across Wise services and exposing them on our public API.
- Identify, troubleshoot, run test scenarios, and fix technical issues within the Wise product stack, assisting our API support team as a second line when complex issues arise.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and responsibility for making it happen.
- Identify problems and unlock opportunities for Wise and partners through technology solutions.
- Inspire other teams internally and externally with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- Travel to work with our teams in New York and London as well as visit our partners across the Americas.
A bit about you:
- You are from a software engineering background but also have experience working with both tech and non-tech stakeholders to successfully deliver multiple technical projects concurrently.
- You understand the value of balancing customer centric thinking with technical know-how, and can bridge the gap between business and technical experts.
- You put the customer above technology, while finding ways to leverage technology to improve the customer experience.
- You are personable and you are good at stakeholder management. You are able to represent Wise and our values to external partners in a professional way, explaining technical problems and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- You have strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, API Design, Swagger, OpenAPI, OAuth2.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working across multiple programming languages, tech stacks and cloud providers.
- Experience with our stack: Java within the Spring ecosystem, Kubernetes, AWS and service mesh architectures.
- You have worked with distributed systems and monolithic architectures and understand the advantages and challenges of both.
- Passion for international finance, foreign exchange and payment systems.
- Demonstrated experience speaking at conferences and public events. What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🌍 Relocation expenses covered
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
Find out more about our benefits in our Austin office (Same for NYC office).
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.