Regional Controller – North America
We’re looking for a Regional Controller – North America to join our finance team in Austin, Texas!
Austin is our newest location in the US and it’s expanding rapidly! If you’ve got Financial Services experience dealing with financial controls, audit and advisory, and working with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, and an interest in working at one of the fastest growing FinTech companies, read on!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a salary range starting at $120,000 annually, based on experience + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! 🚀
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship – Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements
- Work with the Americas Regional Lead Controller, as well as other Regional Controllers and the Reporting & Tax teams to ensure financial compliance, including controlling local audits, outsource firms, and financial regulatory relationships
- Be the regional Expansion, Compliance, Product, & People Team’s main point of contact in finance to ensure that all new entities, products, legislation, etc. are understood and finance is prepared for all changes, ensuring that the customer product is understood and optimized for growth
- Work with finance teams (Finance Product team and Group Accounting) to ensure systems, controls, and processes are prepared for regional requirements, with clear definitions and change management
- Review monthly and quarterly financials to ensure all accuracy of your entities
A bit about you:
- Significant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory, or management accounting is required
- Experience in FinTech, financial services, or highly regulated environments is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and mature financial controls for US/Canadian entities, and a strong understanding of accounting principles
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have the ability to understand the importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes
- Comfortable managing a complex stakeholder group internally and externally to the organization on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements, etc.
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude
- Self-starter that’s ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Great at organizing your own work schedule with little or no guidance (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills, and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote role, this is a hybrid role based in Austin, Texas
- 💵 Salary range starting at $120,000 annually, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.