Country Risk Specialist (Especialista em Riscos Financeiros)
Country Risk Specialist (Especialista em Riscos Financeiros)
Wise is looking for a capable and enthusiastic Country Risk Specialist to join our team in São Paulo. The Country Risk Specialist will report directly to the country CRO, providing support and second line risk management advice and oversight to the specific entity and other countries in the Latin America region. 🚀
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help us and have a direct impact on Wise’s mission, while helping millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a competitive gross monthly salary, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits! (More info below! 😉)
Here’s how you’ll make an impact as a Country Risk Specialist:
- Daily Monitoring of KRIs related to Financial Risks (Capital, Market and Liquidity Risk)
- Build Financial Risk Indicators, Reports and Policies; (FX exposure, FX VAR, Intraday exposure, Liquidity Buffer, LCR, Basel Index, RWA)
- Build automated and robust processes for risk monitoring and report
- Prepare prudential and regulatory reports for countries in the LatAm region related to Financial Risks
- Implement short and long term stress testing (Wind down plan, prudential forecast, etc)
- Define and implement metrics for evaluating and controlling financial risks, in line with group methodology
- Prepare and provide training for employees on Financial risk management, or develop a form of management that raises the level of risk and control mindset
- Work close to the first line of defense with a deep understanding of the business, supporting projects of new products and markets
- Ensure current risk profile is consistent to the defined risk appetite (RAS)
- Raise awareness of risks to the company
- Prepare presentations to local and group risk committees
This role would be great for someone who has:
- Background in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, with previous experience in FinTechs and Financial Institutions
- Experience working with financial risk requirements in Basel III/IV
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel (macro and VBA)
- Knowledge in Python and SQL
- Experience in work with financial risk regulatory requirements
- Fluent in English and Spanish, with strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Ability and experience in analyzing data, to extract patterns and trends to better understand risk and emerging risk exposures
- Ability to create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time to complete work
- You must already be legally authorized to work in São Paulo, Brazil, and you’re required to be physically based in São Paulo – We're based in Avenida Paulista
It would be ideal but not essential if you had:
- Business related bachelor's degree and risk management certification (i.e. RMIA Certified Risk Management Practitioner, FRM Financial Risk Management, etc)
- 💵 Competitive gross monthly salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 🩺 Health and Dental allowance for you and your dependents
- 💝 Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- ☀️ Paid time off: 30 days vacation + 3 “Me” days + 1 volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us & child care assistance
- 🍴 Meal (560 BRL per month) and Food (880 BRL per month) Vouchers
- 🚗 Transportation vouchers
- 💻 Flexible remote working policy
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our São Paulo office
The concrete jungle of São Paulo is a vibrant metropolis like no other.