Large Transfers Specialist
We’re looking for a Large Transfers Specialist to join our High Amount Transfers (HAT) team in our Tampa office! You would play a vital role in communication between compliance, product, and our customers – helping to ensure that the customer journey for high value payments is both professional and effortless. We are searching for candidates ready for a hybrid role, with in-depth knowledge on compliance procedures regarding source of funds or wealth documentation.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $24.50 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Read more about open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
Our HAT Mission:
In this role, you would be working within compliance and customer support standards in order to collect information for – and approve – low to medium risk large payments. This involves a consistent feedback loop between the product and enhanced due diligence teams, as we work to develop this role into what it needs to be for our customers. As a Large Transfers Specialist, cross-collaboration is key: you could expect shifts that are evenly split between compliance tasks and customer support responsibilities. This role also targets both consumer and business customers, so we are searching for candidates with a strong ability to adapt tone and regulatory requirements per case handling.
- Striving for our customers to get all of the care and information they need when making their high value payments
- Ensuring that we offer an excellent customer support experience and specialized attention at all times we are available
- Actively collaborating with the product team to constantly improve the high value payment flow for the customer interface
- Reviewing source of funds documents, as well as communicating alongside various departments to guarantee an optimal speed for transfers
- Constantly looking for new solutions to develop the HAT team based on the customers’ needs
What we’re looking for:
- At least three years of experience in customer support and/or two years of experience in compliance or banking is required to apply
- A strong drive to assist our customers and offer a specialized experience, particularly with high value customers of a potentially vulnerable nature
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills – though we are looking to expand in other languages, as well!
- Flexibility. This team supports regions across the world, so the shifts are later in the day. This team works Monday-Friday, with shifts from 8am-4pm and later, with the latest shift being 2pm-10pm. There are also mandatory weekend shifts at a set amount per month. Please keep in mind that these times can change with the needs of our customers, so we're specifically looking for flexibility and a desire to work later shifts (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial paid training)
- Comprehensive multi-tasking, with an ability to adapt in changing environments in line with a complex product, as well as make difficult decisions as an independent Wiser
- Attention to detail – up to and including frequent reviews of financial documents (ie: source of funds) to ensure that we are always meeting compliance regulations
- An investment in the ownership aspects of customer care, with initiative to dive into new challenges with enthusiasm and initiative
- Independent and self-motivated problem solving with a desire to work in an autonomous environment
- You're a team-player. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will, accepting and embracing feedback as a learning opportunity
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone's responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You’re great at the keyboard and your typing speed is at least 35 words-per-minute
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position located in Tampa, Florida
The HAT team is a great place to develop your skills and understanding of compliance, product, and specialized customer support. With our hand-in-hand development and mutual goals, you will have a lot of exposure to other teams and how they relate to improving Wise, for each and every customer that seeks to make their high value transfers with our service!
- 💵 $24.50 per hour starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🤝 5% additional salary differential for Spanish, Portuguese, or French languages
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Tampa
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.