Product Manager / Senior Product Manager – FinCrime Reporting
We’re looking for a Product Manager / Senior Product Manager to join our growing FinCrime Squad in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Your mission is to build convenient & scalable tooling and products around Wise’s exchange of knowledge regarding financial crime investigations and compliance checks with external partners, and FIUs. Your products support large operational teams and effectively mitigate financial crime risks with minimal negative impact on customers’ experience.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and push the limits of how financial crime risks are mitigated and large amounts of data is exchanged between different organisations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the FinCrime Squad:
- You will work as part of the FinCrime product team which is responsible for keeping our customers money safe
- Your mission within your areas is to build world-class solutions that will help meet regulatory/partner requirements in a fast, reliable, scalable, safe and cost efficient way.
- You’ll be figuring out the vision and goals of the team, how to measure them and where to prioritise – you’ll inspire the team and define the product direction and run the road map together with them.
- You’ll communicate your goals and long term strategy in an engaging way, as well as keep the team moving towards the vision.
- You’ll work closely with operational teams to help them figure out how to streamline and automate manual processes.
- You’ll work closely with other product teams in launching new products and unifying processes, participating or driving cross-team initiatives.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Truly make the world a better place by fighting crime. You will be stopping money launderers and will have a very clear and real impact on people’s lives.
- Work with a group of amazing and dedicated product managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written In-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Grow as a leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You are a seasoned product manager – you have shipped products or product features, interpreted feedback and data and made important iterations
- You have worked with an operations team and built product capabilities that help operations grow sustainably, improve efficiency and reach operational excellence.
- You believe in the Wise mission and know how to inspire a team to dream big, align on a common vision, and draw a clear path to get there
- You're passionate about growing your team and getting the best out of people as well as continuing to grow and develop yourself
- You have a clear understanding of how systems are built, are able to effectively work with engineers, product analysts, product designers.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- Experience in Risk or Compliance and evaluate product decisions with a risk impact mindset
- Working with distributed product & operational teams.
- Knowledge in the Financial Crime or Fraud domain
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
Getting Started: Reviewing your Application
At this stage, our product recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters (which are optional to submit) to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because we at Wise are on a mission and this role is all about getting us closer to that mission – so please take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 40 minute call with our hiring lead or one our Product Managers or Recruiters from the team via Zoom.
- The team will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation / drivers to join the Mission
- Your experience of owning/ shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn
- Testing your customer empathy
- Testing your quantitative, data-driven approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will give you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems. Topics:
- Your product domain experience: ownership of a complex, and impactful product / product feature
- Prioritisation and trade-offs: problems you solve for customers, how do you balance demands
- Your solution design & execution skills
- Digging deeper into your quantitative / data skills: measuring impact, setting OKRs / KPIs
Tech / Team-fit Interview
Your 3rd interview will be with an engineering lead / senior engineer and an analyst/designer from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers and designers in a cross-functional team + your related skills. Topics:
- Building partnerships with your engineering / design / operations teams.
- Problem-solving and navigating tech decisions and conflicts with engineers
- Your level of technical depth
- Your cross-functional team-fit: your ability to inspire others around you
We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a couple of our senior product leads. The Zoom interview will be 45 minutes long and will be competency-based.
- Providing you the opportunity to meet our product leads and pick their minds and ask your questions
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your motivation, past product experience and vision to work at Wise, solving problems of our 10+ million customers
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews, addressing/investigating potential gaps further
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.