Your mission is to build convenient & scalable tooling and products around Wise’s exchange of knowledge regarding financial crime investigations and compliance checks with external partners, and FIUs. Your products support large operational teams and effectively mitigate financial crime risks with minimal negative impact on customers’ experience.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and push the limits of how financial crime risks are mitigated and large amounts of data is exchanged between different organisations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team:
- You will work as part of the FinCrime product team which is responsible for keeping our customers money safe
- Your mission within your areas is to build world-class solutions that will help meet regulatory/partner requirements in a fast, reliable, scalable, safe and cost efficient way.
- You’ll be figuring out the vision and goals of the team, how to measure them and where to prioritise – you’ll inspire the team and define the product direction and run the road map together with them.
- You’ll communicate your goals and long term strategy in an engaging way, as well as keep the team moving towards the vision.
- You’ll work closely with operational teams to help them figure out how to streamline and automate manual processes.
- You’ll work closely with other product teams in launching new products and unifying processes, participating or driving cross-team initiatives.
A bit about you:
- A seasoned product manager that has shipped products, interpreted feedback and data and made important iterations
- Have worked with an operations team and built product capabilities that help operations grow sustainably, improve efficiency and reach operational excellence.
- Believe in the Wise mission and know how to inspire a team to dream big, align on a common vision, and draw a clear path to get there
- Passionate about growing your team and getting the best out of people as well as continuing to grow and develop yourself
- An understanding of how systems are built, are able to effectively work with engineers, product analysts, product designers.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- Experience in Risk or Compliance and evaluate product decisions with a risk impact mindset
- Working with distributed product & operational teams.
- Knowledge in the Financial Crime or Fraud domain
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Truly make the world a better place by fighting crime. You will be stopping money launderers and will have a very clear and real impact on people’s lives.
- Work with a group of strong and dedicated product managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written In-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Grow as a leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.