Product Manager – Account Access & Recovery
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast. Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So, we’re building a new one. And, we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Account Access & Recovery team in the London office.
The Account Access & Recovery team is responsible for ensuring all Wise customers can seamlessly set up or access an account without human intervention by managing account access features , such as account creation, login, 2-factor authentication & account recovery flows.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team:
- Help the team uncover new opportunities to ensure Wise’s customers can seamlessly access or create an account without human intervention by optimising the login, sign up, account recovery and account management flows.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ problems and work with a full stack product development team and many operational teams to solve them.
- Pave the way for quick and iterative development, allowing for teams to execute unblocked and with clear hypotheses.
- Drive out unknowns to ensure efficient delivery of features and tests to prove/disprove your hypothesis.
- Identify and filter out noise to help the team understand what is essential to our objectives and what is not, as well as when and how to course correct or pivot as needed.
A bit about you:
- You can optimise for the best customer experience while maintaining low risk on key flows.
- Empathy for customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms).
- Help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features.
- Have guided scoping discussions and helped a team make sure they execute efficiently.
- Can diagnose problems quickly.
- Demonstrate structured/effective methods for understanding and quantifying customer feedback.
- Have an understanding which KPI’s are addressable and create dashboards for monitoring and actively measuring impact/progress.
- Understand the greater implication of projects and impact to other teams, making clear how our plans will impact teams, customers, regulations or release plans and what dependencies we may face.
- Collaborative and are able to work effectively with areas of the business such as customer support, operations and compliance.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and are able to collaborate with product designers, analysts and your Engineering LeadYou lead through influence and not authority; you do this by creating clear opportunities from ambiguous problems and work collaboratively to create solutions to those problems
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- Any product experience in Authentication or Customer Support
- Knowledge of SCA/PSD2 compliance
- Familiar using BI tools like Looker and Mixpanel and can even develop basic queries to help you with your day-to-day
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.