We’re looking for a Junior Polish-speaking Localisation Specialist to join our growing localisation team.
The localisation team wants to make sure that more countries hear about Wise’s mission.
A great product is something people can understand — we want something easy to use, accessible and that speaks to our customers in their language.
It’s a challenging and exciting role where you’ll be translating content and coming up with new ways of reaching our customers.
If you don’t have localisation experience then we welcome applicants from bilingual customer support or marketing backgrounds
What about the role?
The role can be based in our Tallinn or Budapest offices. You will also work closely with the localisation coordination team and other translators based in our offices around the world.
You need to have a passion for words and experience in translation. You should be comfortable and passionate about translating finance and marketing content.
At Wise, we want to make money move across borders easy and eventually free. Our team does this with words — but we still have work to do.
- Translate and proofread materials from English to Polish maintaining the correct meaning and context, and localising it where appropriate
- Spot and highlight internationalisation copy, or translation issues
- Give feedback to marketers, product owners, and other stakeholders
- Achieve a consistent tone of voice—everywhere from web pages to customer support emails
- Identify and address growth opportunities with Polish-speaking audiences
- Establish and maintain language glossary, guidelines and terminology for other language stakeholders and teams, and keep it accessible
A bit about you
- You fluently speak, write, and comprehend English at a high level.
- You can use Polish flexibly and effectively at a professional level
- You can work to tight deadlines, and still deliver accurate and natural translations
- You’re great with words and you display close attention to detail.
- You have an analytical mind, and can express it constructively in order to reach what’s best for customers
- You can manage time productively, prioritise effectively and meet performance targets
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- You’re familiar with translation workflows and CAT tools
- You have experience in translating marketing- related content
- You’re a certified translator
This role will give you the opportunity to work on translation and localisation for the most part, with potential to:
- Work with product managers, developers, and localisation managers to help solve problems
- Engage in creative processes and help Wise find its voice in Polish
- Research the local market and find ways for Wise to stand out
Salary: Between 542,900 – 678,600 HUF gross per month, depending on experience
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- £7200 worth of RSUs in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- Health days and additional sick leave compensation
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Please note that we can offer visa sponsorship for Tallinn, Estonia if needed but we can not offer sponsorship in Budapest, Hungary so you should have the right to work in Hungary if applicable to apply.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.